iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Teen Witch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teen Witch
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*****Many Many Spoilers Coming up*******

I started watching it...and I kept waiting for it to get good...I kept thinking with as many people who have said they love it, that maybe it started slow...and built up to something great.

I just now had to shut it off...I thought it was awful. I shut it off when she turned her "brother" in to a dog....up until she tells Brad she has a little brother- I thought that was a girl...I wasn't sure what they were..if that was a boy or a girl...but I knew they were grossing me out, and I couldn't stand to look at that person shoving food all over their face...and being just nasty.

It was stupid...there's a scene at her birthday...the friend calls on the pay phone....but the night before Louise tries to use the phone and the cord is cut...but anyway...the friend calls her and says your never going to believe this...and she says "why don't you come on over"...and the friend say "ok"...and the next scene you see she is in bed. So, did the friend ever come over...how did the party end...it was edited terribly.

That Brad dude...looked a little like Tom Cruise from the side...and he seems like he has absolutely no interest in her what so ever...then he almost runs her over on the road...and she's all mad...and then the next day he smacks the coke machine like the Fonz, and gives her a coke.. I thought yeah ok, he just ran you off the road making out with his girlfriend, but now he's way cool cause he gave you a coke.

I kept waiting to figure out how she gets to be a witch...it's like...what's you name?? Miller...your one of us... [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
Your going to change on your 16th birthday...but don't be scared...you do trust me don't you???

It wasn't even cheesey, it was just lame. I can't see the girl from My tutor hooked up with **** Sargent.

Louise's clothes were hideous...even for 80's clothes...that red tu-tu thing she stuck on at the party...was awful.

I never have seen Robin Lively before in anything...she might have been ok in the movie, had they wrote a different script for it...because the storyline itself was just really bad.

I am going to look it up on IMDB to see who else was in it...and if they did any other movies...I didn't hate the cast of people, and I liked some of the other girls clothes.

But, the rapper dude that gets up in the sex ed class...and raps out what an umberella is represenative of...that was dumb.

Even the cheer at the beginning ..."We like boys"...boy did that take some brains to come up with. It would have been cute if they would have did it a little different...but for the one girl to come in, and go "hey I made up a new cheer." and everyone else already knew it...that was dumb.

I don't think I can bring myself to finish it.

The way it started was like an 80's music video...and I thought ok maybe this will turn out pretty cool...my husband was watching it with me...he kept asking me to stop it way before I did...cause I kept holding on to the hopes that at any moment I would fall in love with it...but it just got worse.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Isis, I didn't think you'd react like this to Teen Witch. Don't get me wrong, it's really corny and bad but somehow I still like it. I always watch it around October and I love it. I guess it's safe to assume you won't be buying the DVD tomorrow...Oh well...you win some, you loose some. [Wink]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Isis, your post made me laugh! [Big Grin] I like the Teen Witch though. But I'll tell you what that guy rapping got on my nerves, and then when she made her friend do it, that was pathetic. [Big Grin] I liked the rest of it though.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry for not liking it...I was trying to get my Aunt to watch Fire with Fire- and she said it was boring her, and fell asleep...and then I tried Streets of Fire....and she wasn't going for it either...so she asked if we could watch Frequency- which is a movie we all like, so that's what's on for tonight.

You definately win some, loose some.

I am sorry but the younger brother in Teen Witch...just made my skin crawl so badly, that I didn't want to watch any more for fear he was in more scenes....he just really bothered me.

I kept thinking of Ronnie and her fear of midgets...that's what it kind of was to me...except I can handle Zelda Rubenstein better than I could handle that younger brother. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Confused]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I think you had to be 15 the first time you saw teen witch to enjoy it. That just might be my opinion though.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Maybe that is it...but I do like High School movies, and 80's teen movies...cause that's when I relate to being a teen. I can't relate to today's teen stuff in the slightest.

I can't explain what makes me like one movie and not another...it has to do with if it is semi believable...the way the story flows...even if it could never happen, and I thought Teen Witch was just too choppy, and it drug on and on...it's like...ok let's see some magic now.

I hate stopping a movie without watching the end...but I just couldn't get in to it.

I have never heard of the movie Dance Til Dawn...that Cindy mentioned on another thread...there are still other movies I want to watch that I am holding out hope of liking...Girls Just Want to Have Fun is probably next on my list of ones to get.

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo is right....you do have to be a teen to enjoy it...and all viewings therafter, conjure up some groovy retro nostalgia about how much you loved it back then.

I hired it with the teenage girls at work, and they LOVED it. So theres your answer.

Its like, try to get anyone to watch the goonies as an adult who never saw it as a kid....and they think its lame. But if you HAVE seen it when you were a kid.....you are right back there wishing it was you on that adventure.

We all wanted to have brad, be the popular girl, teach the mean girls and the mean teacher a lesson.....thats why we loved it back then.

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your very on it Miss Angel.

My buddy and I just bought both Teen Witch and Cry Baby yesterday since they both came out on DVD! [Big Grin] ....and had a double feature last night.

You really truly did have to see Teen Witch when you were a teen in the 80's to love it. My buddy and I had fun singing the songs last night....haha....."I like boys!"

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

If I hear the most popular girl song, I might kill myself.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't the Soundtrack of Teen Witch going to be released as well?
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't find teen witch anywhere ugh !! i really want it on dvd [Frown]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rainbowbrite it comes out on DVD on Tuesday July 19th.

So don't worry you will be able to purchase it soon!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o really ? i had the release date mixed up oops i thought it came out the 12 thanks valley your a peach [Wink]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home