iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Why do we love horror cheese?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why do we love horror cheese?
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Night of the Creeps yesterday and I gotta tell you it is so cheesy, why do we like that stuff so much. I cannot think of one 80s movie that I have come across that I don't want to watch, especially if I haven't ever seen it. I am constantly in search of a new film from the 80s that I haven't seen. It seems like lately I have been seeing some horror movies that I haven't seen before like Sleepaway Camp 2 and Night of the Creeps. I have also been seeing a lot that I have seen several times like Return of the Living Dead and Friday the 13th.

These types of movies are so not believable yet we can't get enough of them. I think because it goes back to the root of filmmaking. There aren't a lot of computer imaging stuff, it is more makeup and actual acting.

I am still really serious about the future of our television when I say it is mandatory that we have an 80s channel. We need it for movies, television, game shows, and music videos. Wouldn't you be subscriber. I definately would, infact I probablly wouldn't leave the house. Would you want to?

Why do you love the thing we call "horror cheese"?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An 80's channel would be a great idea. It would be alot better than some of the garbage that you get with your satellite service. Some of those stations are crazy. I'm like who watches this mess.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An 80's channel would be just too sweet. I could just picture some zany hosts and lots of ideas, and they could play those long lost, impossible to find 80's TV movies that features up and coming actors and actresses. Great idea, get Ted Turner on the phone.

I am slowly getting into 80's horror cheese movies, there jsut seems to be something with the atmosphere and camera work that is just so different from the high tech gloss that movies have now.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always loved those type of horror movies...some of them to me actually are believable, and they had real people in them that weren't big named actors, they were just more like "regular" people...and I think you can relate to them as the movie character better, because they weren't even in many other movies....to me seeing a big name person in a horror movie...it is hard to be scared because you know they are acting...if that makes any sense at all. I like movies that don't feel like a movie, it feels like you are actually watching stuff happen for real.

See...I don't think The Ring was that scary because of the way it was so computer generated down to the coloring of the whole movie itself...people don't look like that in real life, so to me it doesn't make it creepier...I want to see movies that look like Friday the 13th...that look "real"...cause they were filmed on location...which adds to it being more real.

I think we should make our own movie...we all know what would make a great horror movie, and I think we could have the most awesome cast in it ever. Wouldn't that be fun??

I think an 80's channel is a great idea too, I wish we had all the stuff that I watched in the 70's and 80's...being replayed now to where I could watch all the stuff I missed, because I didn't have a VCR then to tape everything, cause I never thought there would be a time period when there would be nothing good on TV.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a rumor that Joe Bob Briggs was going to have an all horror movie cable channel. How sweet would that be????
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The '80s Retro Channel...Movies,Music Videos,T.V. & Game Shows From The '80s!!!!!

That's What I'll Call It Jessie [Cool] ....

Now to talk about Horror Cheese ('80s of course)... I LOVE!!! Cheesey Horror Movies from the '80s!!!!! those are pretty much all the Horror movies i watch. And for ME! Friday Nights make the best time to watch Cheesy Horror Movies from the 80s. Every Friday Night i got's to watch me some 80s Horror.

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a fantastic idea, a dedicated 80's TV channel would be so amazing.

Here in the UK on SKY Digital, there is the horror channel: a collection of extremely nasty b-pics (more like z-pics) alot from the 80's, but these certainly don't showcase what is cool about the 80's.

They also have a Bad Movies channel, lol i mean can you beleive they put out channels like that when they could have a quality 80's channel, excellent music, movies and TV Shows, all day every day, hmmm well i can dream i guess, [Big Grin]

Barrie

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It never fails, I'm getting ready to go to bed and I see some low budget 80's horror movie that I've even watched before like Basket Case, APril Fool's Day or even Waxwork. And I stay up watching it anyway, and I'm all tired for work in the morning, never fails.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did that a couple weeks ago with Foul Play. It's not even that great, but I got completely sucked in anyway. Something about the whole late '70s experience of it all just really appealed to me early in the morning like that. I was literally reaching for the remote to turn off the tv when the movie started with the whole California coastal drive in the VW beetle with the Barry Manilow song and I just got drawn in completely. I forgot how funny Dudley Moore used to be too. I miss that guy.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home