iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Flight of the Navigator (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Flight of the Navigator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen this one but my wife and 9year old son watched it just a few months back and they really enjoyed it!

Definitely one I need to check out along with the Explorers (1985) of which i've only seen bit and pieces of over the years.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
I don't know if I heard right, but I believe this movie started out as a movie of the week type thing for the Disney channel, and somewhere along the way someone decided it had more potential so they upped the budget for a theatrical release. It kind of feels like that when you watch it - a nice Disney channel family fantasy that suddenly has some top level (for the day) special effects. The Blu Ray has a commentary from the Director (Randal Kleiser - Grease) but I don't recall him saying much about the development of the movie, just the shooting.

Disney only had rights for North America.
I own the finnish vhs tape and there´s no Disney logos on the cover sheet. Only Picture Sales Organization (PSO).
Do you remember if Kleiser talked about the norwegian company Viking Films? Why did they decide to shoot the spaceship interior parts there (in Norway)?

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey Cramer was just arrested in Canada for bank robbery. Probably won't see much of him for a long time.... not that we did before.
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lemonjello:
Joey Cramer was just arrested in Canada for bank robbery. Probably won't see much of him for a long time.... not that we did before.

If he takes flight, will he need a navigator?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Definitely one I need to check out along with the Explorers (1985) of which i've only seen bit and pieces of over the years.
My favourite childhood film. The first two thirds are perfect, the last third... not so much.

quote:
Disney only had rights for North America.
I own the finnish vhs tape and there´s no Disney logos on the cover sheet. Only Picture Sales Organization (PSO).
Do you remember if Kleiser talked about the norwegian company Viking Films? Why did they decide to shoot the spaceship interior parts there (in Norway)?

I think maybe it was released by someone else in the UK too, though it was marketed as a Disney film. That actually supports the idea that the movie was initially only intended for the US, since a deal may have been made, and then altered later which would affect who can do what with it. Had it been intended for international release from the start that wouldn't have happened.

They chose Norway because it was better than Finland... I'm kidding! You know it's true, though. I'm kidding! Or am I?! I actually can't recall much about the commentary. I think maybe he was brought in as 'Director for hire' so he just went with what had been set up. I need to listen to it again.

quote:
Dang. Why doesn't he just go on the convention circuit? There must be a little money in that. Better than robbing a bank. That makes 2 cast members with arrest records...
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home