iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Possible sequel to "Wall Street"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible sequel to "Wall Street"?
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the TV show "Extra"'s website:

...is Michael Douglas preparing to play the face of greed, Gordon Gekko, yet again in a possible "Wall Street 2"?

YES! -- Douglas told Fortune magazine (whose cover he graced as Gekko back in the 80's) that he has been talking to director Oliver Stone about ideas for a sequel to the film, which earned him an Oscar for best actor.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, given some of the corporate scandals that have been happening over recent years, this is a movie that could have a sequel made.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could work with all the over the top fiscal greed and declkining shareholder faith in corporations. But will it be one of those Gecko fresh out of prison sort of scenarios?

Actually I read the title wrong briefly, I thought you said there would be a sequel to Beat Street. Some crazy scenario where some 80's breakers get frozen for two decades by a rival gang and come back in present day and can't deal with the current state of hip hop.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't realise they had been talking about this 3 years ago. I would love to see Gecko really flex his muscles in a sequel, there's so many out there in this day and age. I still like my idea for a Beat Street sequel.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stone is too unhinged to make the movie competently. It will end up being some conspiratorial anti-conservative polemic or something, instead of an insightful look at the ills of modern high finance.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is that in the 80's, Gekko was the guy you loved to hate, but secretly loved.

In todays world, his character would simply be hated.

Some movies just don't need sequel and this is one of them.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home