iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Need Assistance - Movie Mind Teaser

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Assistance - Movie Mind Teaser
carebearstare
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 658

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for carebearstare   Email carebearstare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
I'm looking for the movie where some poor kids in a school are going to get their music program cut. The music teacher doesn't want that to happen. (It's NOT Sister Act 2!!!)
In the last scene or so, they perform their final school play, and they all sing a song about Everyman. I think the play might have something to do with Atlantis.
Anyone? Anyone? Help, please!

Posts: 29 | From: NY USA | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds almost like "Mr Holland's Opus" in the early 90's ...but there's no Atlantis in it -that's fer sure!
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How 'bout telling us if the music teacher is a man or a woman?

If it's a man, then it might be "Mr. Holland's Opus".

If it's a woman, it could either be:

(1.) "Small Wonders" (1996), which is actually a documentary about some poor kids' music program in East Harlem.

(2.) "Music Of The Heart" (1999), starring Meryl Streep in the biography movie of the same teacher in "Small Wonders".

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
carebearstare
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 658

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for carebearstare   Email carebearstare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The music teacher is a woman, and I think she had short dark hair.

It's not Mr. Holland's Opus, and it's not Music of my Heart. I really think it's from the 80s. Thanks for trying, though.

If you can think of it, let me know!

Posts: 29 | From: NY USA | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home