iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--My Stepmother is an Alien

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--My Stepmother is an Alien
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe I haven't covered this one yet. I just watched it again tonight. I absolutely fell in love with this movie the first time that I saw it. I don't know if it was the music, the story, the actors or what? I just love the whole thing. Starring Dan Akyroyd, Kim Basinger, Jon Lovitz, and Allison Hannigan (her first major screen role).

Dr. Steve transmits something that may destroy another planet and Celeste is sent there from that solar system to get it fixed! She is human inside and out but oh by the way she lives on batteries and has an ugly eye that she carries around with her in her purse. I love how real Kim's expressions are throught the movie like the first time she kisses Dan Akyroyd, when she sneezes or when she buys groceries for the first time. Just an absolute delight that can be uplifting to anyone who is down. I highly recommend this film for those of you who just want to sit back and enjoy......

What were some of your favorite things about this movie? If you haven't seen it it is an absolute must see. Let us know what you think of it.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven’t seen it in a long time. I used to own it on VHS, but lost it with dozens of other tapes due to water damage. I remember liking it very much.
The movie was filled with hilarious moments and had a great cast as well.
I can’t pick any favorite scene though, as there were just to many.. Dan Akroyd’s (who me???) face when Celeste enters the bedroom almost made me die from laughing.
I agree, if you wanna have a good laugh this is surely a big recommendation. I should remember to add this one to my collection again.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVED this movie at the time. Jessie, you and I have similar tastes in movies. I probably saw it about 40 times. Why is it, when you're a kid, that you can watch the same movie about a dozen times and never get bored? Anyway, I thought that Kym Bassinger was really cute in this movie and a knock-out to boot. I think my favourite character was "bag" though. I loved the acerbic wit of "bag". I also loved the scene where she's madly cooking for breakfast and it's enough to fill about two buffet tables. Hilarious. Of course, the bedroom scene is hilarious as well! I love her post-coital comment: "Do other people know about this?...I'm serious, you could make a fortune" (or something to that effect). Does anyone remember who played the girl? Did she do anything else?
Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home