iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite 80's Movie Dance Scene

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite 80's Movie Dance Scene
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been mentioned before, but what was your favorite 80's movie dance scene?

I have couple of movies that I want to recognize:

Any dance scene in the movie Breakin' . I want one of those TKO Crew jackets...don't you? My all-time favorite dance scene is to the song "Ain't Nobody" when Ozone & Turbo teach Kelly how to Breakdance. Second would be in the dance studio with the mirrors. What a great breakdancing movie. [Wink]

My third choice is unusual, but it's the Ronald Miller African Anteater Dance in Can't Buy Love. Those moves truly defy gravity. [Cool]

What movie has your favorite Dance Scene?

[ 28. May 2005, 03:12: Message edited by: ValleyCat ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely the African Ant-Eater Ritual from Can't Buy Me Love!!! [Big Grin]
No seriously...

My favorite dance scene is also out of a breakdance movie – Beat Street.
More particular the battle between The Bronx Rockers (Rock Steady Crew) and the Beat Street Breakers (NYC Breakers) That was awesome! I dig the one you mentioned too Valley.

Pretty close comes Kim Basingers' 'dance'-act in 9 1/2 weeks. What can I say? [Roll Eyes] [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the breakdancing scenes in movies are always cool to watch.
i have always liked the ending to 'staying alive' with john travolta dancing in the broadway show.

also, i love the salsa dancing throughout the movie, 'salsa'.. with robbie rosa, who used to be in the young boy group, MENUDO.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have got to go with Johnny Castle teaching baby to dance in any sequence in Dirty Dancing. I haven't seen any of the Breakin movies in a really long time so I don't remember those moves.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ain't Nobody" is my all time favorite dance scene too. I have watched it a million times.

My 2nd favorite is the scene where they dance in front of the judges, and They say "Who's Next?, and Ozone says :"Ozone!" Street Dancer!", and he comes out ripping the arms off his tux...I love that scene.

I love when they dance to "Reckless".

In part 2...I love the end dance sequences..I love their costumes.

I love when Turbo dances on the ceiling in part 2.

I actually love every dance scene in Breakin and Breakin 2.

Wow! I think I might go put one in my DVD player...I love to put either of those 2 DVDs in while I am cleaning, because I love the music so much, it doesn't matter if I pay attention or not.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched a couple of those dance scenes.

What I love is the energy they put in to them.

The dance scene at the end of Part 2-Electric Booglaoo, I love the one where they are all dressed in the neon colors, their outfits are so bright and everyone is smiling, and I love when even the guys from Electro Rock come up on stage...it is a cool moment in the movie, when everyone comes together...and I love that they were raising money to keep their dream alive for all the kids that needed a place to go.

I love when the parents show up, and give Kelly the money, and then they all start dancing to "I believe in the Beat"...and everyone is jumping up and down ...they are so happy that they reached their goal, I love when people unite like that, and are smiling.

I can't imagine anyone not watching either of those movies and now feeling more full of energy and life...those 2 movies are completely uplifting to me, there isn't a downer about any of it.

There were hundreds, maybe even thousands of people in the audience at the Street Festival...I always wonder what happened to all those people, like it would not surprise me if one of them ever did a search for information about the movie, and found the Rewind.

I love their clothes in those 2 movies...that to me is what the 80's were about- making an effort. People really put the time and effort in to caring about what they looked like, and I love that.

Thanks Valley for making me go watch parts of Breakin...if anyone on here has never seen that movie...I highly recommend it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'dance off' between Janie & Jeff and Natalie and Ben in Girls Just Want to Have Fun. I LOVE this sequence. I still get goose bumps when I see it! For me this will always be the ultimate. Technique is still my favourite song on the soundtrack and it was so tense. I love it, love it, love it....gee, who would have guessed by my previous posts? [Big Grin]
Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of my fave 80s musicals are either more documentary-like ("Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense") or drama-oriented ("Krush Groove").

Still, if I had to pick a favorite, then it would be the "Tequila" scene from "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure". It's just so bizarre, yet funny at the same time.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

[ 01. June 2005, 12:30: Message edited by: rocksteadyflamethrower ]

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the final scene in Dirty Dancing? Nobody puts baby in a corner!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anna Sullivan:
The 'dance off' between Janie & Jeff and Natalie and Ben in Girls Just Want to Have Fun. I LOVE this sequence. I still get goose bumps when I see it! For me this will always be the ultimate. Technique is still my favourite song on the soundtrack and it was so tense. I love it, love it, love it....gee, who would have guessed by my previous posts? [Big Grin]

That scene is awesome. God I love that movie.
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kat27:

Kat that line made me laugh out aloud in the theater. I was like that is majorly corny, I still enjoyed the movie though. Guilty pleasure on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I Had The Time Of My Life!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was going to start this topic, but I found I already had once before. Anyone else want to give their input?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Molly Ringwald dancing up on the second floor of the library in The Breakfast Club.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed raynes
Rewind Curious
Member # 4682

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ed raynes   Email ed raynes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
quote:
Originally posted by kat27:

Kat that line made me laugh out aloud in the theater. I was like that is majorly corny, I still enjoyed the movie though. Guilty pleasure on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I Had The Time Of My Life!

Yeah, it sounds a little corny but the movie's setting was in the early 60's. I just picked up the special edition DVD. This is one of my wife's favorite 80's flick.
Posts: 7 | From: Lebanon, PA | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any scene in Krush Groove, Purple Rain, the showgirl scene in The Great Mouse Detective, & the dance between Chris & Mary at the club in Under The Cherry Moon.
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like a lot of the ones already mentioned, but one I can't stand is the prom scene in Footlose. Thats just pure crap, but it cracks me up everytime I watch it.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
So sad Ali! I can't believe you don't want to cutloose footloose.

-

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh!!!!!!!!! Dancing is not allowed in that town but at the end people are breakdancing and spinng on their heads. It just makes no sense to me, but I cry laughing so hard everytime I see it.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Kevin Bacon in the derelict warehouse in footloose cracks me up.

2) Emilio Estevez' smoking a joint in the breakfast club. Another classic.

Annier

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home