iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s Convention

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80s Convention
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I always thought that it would be cool to honor the 80s with a convention. Star Trek fans do it every year. Wouldn't be great for 80s fans to relive 80s nostalgia together? We could bring memorabilia, movies and maybe even contact a few of our fav stars. Oh that would be just so much fun!!! By the way, sorry about any spelling errors, Im awful without my spell check!
See Ya! Ali

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bridgette Marie   Email Bridgette Marie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great idea Ali =)

But oh my gosh, u just reminded me of the Star Trek conventions, those things are horrible! I hate that show, but my aunt loves it, and she used to always drag me to them whenever they'd be in Pasadena Cali. Haha, but an 80's convention, as long as it would not resemble a Star Trak convention, would be great!

Posts: 228 | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I'd be on board.

Look for the guy in the red goose-down vest, suspenders, white and black striped shirt, denim jacket, red t-shirt, blue jeans and nike's with the red swoosh. :)

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Ali's proposal:
<< Ya know, I always thought that it would be cool to honor the 80s with a convention...Wouldn't be great for 80s fans to relive 80s nostalgia together?...>>

Oh, just imagine all the Boy George look-alikes attending...

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bridgette, I think your use of 'horrible' could translate to spaced-out nose-picking cheese fest. Those 'conventions' if you could even call'em that are a testimate to the kinds of people John Hughs almost invented in the 80s' that acutally exist. Instead of a forum like a car-show type thing for movie fans they should have it online..so you could get answers to questions or buy things like music or movies that people might be selling. Almost like an auction dedicated to only movies, CDs, Vinyl and Cassette..or even the memorabilia that is so hard to find today like the poster of Pat Benatar that hung on every guy's wall until came the 90s'.
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys! Me and some friends through an 80s party over the weekend, it was grrrrreat! We told everyone to dreass in any 80s style that they liked best. Then all we played of course was 80s music, and we had 80s movies playing on all available tv sets! It was such a blast! Everyone started talking like they were from Valley Girl! It was such a huge sucess! Maybe someday we can all get together and do the same! My friends are already talking about next years party. They all had so much fun they'd like to make it an anual thing! Well I better get going, but oh the wonderful memories of a much simpler, Totally Rad decade! It will be missed!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you tell me you live near the LA area I will kick myself Ali for missing it, hehe.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Not to worry Mcfly, the party was thrown just north of Chicago. :)
callmedeb
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 652

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for callmedeb   Email callmedeb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in! that would be amazing. I am new to this site as of this week, and I cant tell yall how elated I was to find others who love the eighties as much as I do. Imagine how hard I have it trying to relive the 80's...a 27 year old black woman who loves the disco era and all eighties music and movies, I mean, who cant watch Less than Zero over and over again!

Posts: 21 | From: columbus, ohio, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home