iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Roxanne

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Roxanne
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I haven't done one of these in a while so here goes.

I just can't even tell you how much I have been exposed to Steve Martin lately. I have watched everthing from Father of the Bride 1 & 2, Cheaper by the Dozen, and now Roxanne.

Roxanne, you know I know that the nose is the whole premise of this film, but don't you think that this film would have worked without it. I mean change a few things around and it still would have worked. I just love him as an actor, he is so sincere, caring, and in touch with his characters.

Do you think that there is anyone that has a nose that big really? I mean you hear of weird things like someone having size 17 shoes, or being 7'8" tall. What do you think.

Anyway, back to the film. One of the best romantic comedies of the 80's. I still love the 20 great lines all about a nose. I love how the fire department guys don't even have enough brains to work at McDonalds.

I love the dialogue too. I love how he romances Roxanne with his flowery vocabulary.

What are your favorite things about this 1987 romantic comedy?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved how Roxanne was really really smart too and she wanted smarts in a guy.
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home