iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Anyone seen "Lifeforce"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone seen "Lifeforce"?
Dodger
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4051

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dodger   Email Dodger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great underrated 1985 Sci-fi shocker from the director of "Poltergeist" and the writer of "Total Recall", "Heavy Metal", "Dead & Buried" "Return of the Living Dead" and " Alien" about astronauts whom discover a spaceship while investigating Haley's comet as they find hordes of dead alien bat-like creatures and three naked humanoid beings preserved in energy crystals as they are brought back to Earth to be studied. However soon, the three humanoids wake up as they are actually vampires from space that drain people's energy lifeforces out as they transform their victims into dried fast moving zombies that begin to infect England. And only a surviving astronaut and two people must stop the vampires from space or else the world will end!

It's a unique Sci-fi horror flick that is a different take on the vampire myth on how a race of aliens were the source of the vampires of myths and legends and it's got zombies, great special effects, destruction, apocalyptic themes and a good music score.

I highly recommend it!

But i have a few questions for those who seen this movie:

If the humanoids are really called vampires, how come they don't have fangs or suck blood?

Anyone thinks the idea of vampires originated by aliens is the same idea used in the Vampirella comics?

And was this movie an inspiration to the recent "Dawn of the Dead" remake? the same similar kind of screeching running zombies infecting the world or was Umberto Lenzi's Nightmare City an inspiration to DOTD remake?

Posts: 17 | From: Socorro, New Mexico. | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good movie. Nothing like a sexy, naked, space vampire!

Patrick Stewart (Capt. Picard) is in it as well. Good actor.

Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hav'nt seen this movie.....Or if i had i don't remember anything about it [Confused]

Did it have a Red Snake like man on here???

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I remember being very scared of lifeforce. I saw the beginning with the woman and then she kissed the doctor or the cop, whatever it was, and I was more than a bit scared. Cool movie now though.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never saw LIFEFORCE - Tobe Hooper right? I must check it out someday.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah thats not a bad one from 1985.However i don't think it's as good as "Poltergiest","Texas Chainsaw"or what about an early appearance from the Mr Englund in "Deathtrap"!Hell"sorry that's 70's.
Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still need to check it out "Raggedyman"
Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
Sorry Mr Dodger i don't won't to seem patronising but,you are thinking of Dan O'Bannon who wrote Alien and wrote and directed R.O.T.L.D

Am i right or am i right?

The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Lifeforce, one of a few great films my grandad showed me when I was much younger [Smile] I did the review on this site for it. Glad I got round to getting the DVD because it has a whole load of bits added back in that the VHS had cut out, without those pieces some of the storyline doesn't make sense.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dodger
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4051

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dodger   Email Dodger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But why are the creatures called Vampires if they don't have fangs or suck blood?
Posts: 17 | From: Socorro, New Mexico. | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they're space vampires that suck your lifeforce from you.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home