iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fact or Fiction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fact or Fiction
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

That topic reminds me of the spoof on the Kentucky Fried Movie "Bull#### or Not" I used to laugh a lot to that.

Anyway, my question...

I believe we discussed this but for further verification, was the Amityville Horror Real? I believe Sam had send a link that it was a lie. But I thought that was for another movie too.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think BULL**** OR NOT was KERNTUCKY FRIED MOVIE...it was AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON.

I believe the AMITYVILLE HORROR was a hoax. But right here Im gonna tell you : 50% of the people who answer this will say it was a hoax and 50% will tell you it was real.
(I know cuz I posted the same question around Halloween last year)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Master Rewinder
Member # 1933

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Steve   Author's Homepage   Email Steve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard it was made up because the people had money troubles so they made the story up, but back in 1998 I read an article in a magazine that the house was really haunted and this article was about people who was living there around 1998 time but then again I suppose they could have made it up too. I have also read about people that have lived in the house who said nothing as ever happend to them.
Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard the same thing; that the family needed a way to make money so they wrote the book. But that years later they admitted it was a hoax.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always heard it was real.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that the haunting thing of course was made up, but that a real guy did kill his entire family in that house.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamamiasweetpeaches & Isis are right, it's both fact and fiction.

Amityville Horror.. America's most famous haunted house is located in Amityville, New York, where in 1974 a man murdered his parents and siblings. A year later the house was bought by George and Kathy Lutz who soon claimed they were driven out by spooky events, including demon tracks in the snow and damage to doors and windows. Investigation showed the events never transpired, and the murderer's lawyers confessed how, for money, he and the Lutzes had "created this horror story over many bottles of wine." Despite the admission, the story spawned the best-selling book Amityville Horror and a franchise of successful horror films that continue to be released today.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G E T- O U T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(the story is REAL!)

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I am so embarassed. It was Amazon Women on the Moon. I must have been having a senior moment.

Thanks guys for the info.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S: AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MONON rocks and anyone who somehow missed that one should get on eBay and get it right now!!!!

I forget to mention: yes, murders took place in that house....but that was before the family in AMITYVILLE HORROR moved in. I also heard that story that they had money problems and made up their own twisted storys about the house to get some dough.
Did they know about the stuff that had happened in the house when they bought it?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
My husbands here. He says it really happened. So I'm right. For every two people you ask one will say "hoax" and one will mumble "Really happened".
He actually saw the house after they "changed it".
Dont know if his testimony is worth a damn though. He's pretty gullible. Hahaha.

Mr Roboto
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1424

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mr Roboto   Email Mr Roboto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie is BASED on a true story - much in the same way that Bay Watch is based on the events of actual life guards... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a whole thing on it, where they did a special around Halloween, and they were showing alot of the places that "famous" horror movies were filmed at. Like the street in Halloween where Michael Meyers was lurking around on. And they showed the Amityville house, and how the new owners took out the freaky looking windows that made the house look so creep, to make it look different, which it really did look different.
I am pretty sure that's where I saw that whole thing about the guy who killed his whole family.

Is anyone going to go see the new one at the theater?? I just saw the previews again tonight. I wanna go see a movie, any movie, at the theater...my mom and I talked about it today, because we were saying if a decent movie was playing, we would have gone, and we tried to think what we possibly could have missed out on at the movies recently, and then we said about what is out there to rent now is stuff that just left the theater, and when was the last time anybody said to us...you gotta go get this movie, and we could not come up with one movie.

I would go see the Amityville Horror, just to go to the movies, but from the preview, the scene where the little girl is looking out the window and you see another little girl beside her, and she disappears...that is so fake looking, it doesn't look scary.

Then I think why go see that movie when I have seen that movie already..ya know??

Mamamia-your husband's opinion counts just like anyone elses's, sometimes mine will be hanging out with me when I am writing on here, and he'll say things that I add on here, and nobody even knows it was from him-
[Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Master Rewinder
Member # 1933

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Steve   Author's Homepage   Email Steve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One owner did have those windows taken out but since then someone else as bought it and had it put back to the way it was originaly.
Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home