iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Does anyone remember this...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone remember this...
Hollywood86
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 226

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hollywood86   Email Hollywood86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody remember seeing a movie about a teenage white boy, and a old black man, the boy loves the blues, and he discovers the old man is a blues legend? It had something to do with the crossroads, and making a deal with the devil. And in the end the white boy beats this crazy electric guitarist, in exchange for the black man's soul, that the devil had. Does anybody remember the name, or know the movie I'm talking about?

-Hollywood

Posts: 17 | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, you nailed it. The name of that film is Crossroads, starring Ralph Maccio. I haven't seen that one in ages! Hope this helps! :0)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollywood86, you already answered your own question. It is indeed "Crossroads", the 1986 movie starring Ralph Macchio. Joe Seneca played the elderly blues legend.

For more information, go to here:
http://us.imdb.com/Details?0090888

Just don't confuse this "Crossroads" with the Britney Spears movie that had the same name!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollywood86
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 226

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hollywood86   Email Hollywood86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys! I had a feeling it was called that, but when I went to look for it on yahoo, all I came up with was Crossraods, with Britney Spears. That's funny, 1986 was the year I was born! Anyway I'm gonna go check it out again, thankyou all so much for your help!!!! And thanks for the Link!

-Hollywood

Posts: 17 | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Hollywood86's post:
<< I had a feeling it was called that, but when I went to look for it on Yahoo, all I came up with was Crossroads, with Britney Spears...>>

Boy, can you imagine what if someone combined the two "Crossroads" movies? How about a movie starring Britney Spears and Ralph Macchio? Britney could play the part of a woman who loves the blues and wants to becomes a legendary blues guitarist, while Ralph pursues a career in karaoke bars? Now that sounds like the plot of a REALLY AWFUL movie! :-)

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL - Hey guys -what about our own page? Just choose "Crossroads" from the menu!!

The IMDb is an awesome resource (and, of course, linked from our page) but it will inevitably suck you into the cruel decades that followed.

Stay safe.. Stay here sith us! ;))

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home