iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Iz-Fatal Attraction still the greatest moder era Thrillers??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iz-Fatal Attraction still the greatest moder era Thrillers??
born in the eighties
Master Rewinder
Member # 627

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for born in the eighties   Email born in the eighties   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i mean not knocking any other films like silence ofthe lambs or basic instinct..but fatal attraction was remarkable, starts of so delicate-family life-sweet home etc, then slight poise of attraction with stranger, gets hots with raunchy/gripping sex , then film flips into mind playing games, by 3 1/4 of it turns horrid, sick...by the end..the audience be in total silence, shook from watching this disturbing thriller..,It cannot be beaten!!!
Posts: 109 | From: london | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FA was a terrific psycho-drama that unfortunately started a genre which is still alive and well and being beaten to death, the "Fill in the Blank From Hell". It began with FA (the one night stand from hell) and went off to "Single White Female" (roommate from hell), "Unlawful Entry" (cop from hell), "Hand That Rocks The Cradle" (nanny from hell) and "The Temp" (temp from hell). Nowadays he have "SwimFan" (internet date from hell).

But FA was definitely the first and the best.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McFly said: "FA was definitely the first and the best". WRONG!

In the early 70's, Clint Eastwood starred in (and also directed) "Play Misty For Me". A far better version of the same theme (of a romantic psychopath) that "Fatal Attraction" tried to do.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"WRONG!"

Well, excuuuuuuse me, Steve. get a grip.

Anyway Misty was about a deranged fan, nothing to do with Fatal.

Fatal also was 16 years later and had a ton of different things to say about marriage, infedility, pregancy, etc.

[ 18. May 2011, 03:36: Message edited by: P a u l ]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bridgette Marie   Email Bridgette Marie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fatal Attraction was THE exotic thriller that set the stage for many to come.

Although Fatal Attraction is probably the scariest, I also really like the teenage thrillers like 1989's "Lisa" with Staci Keanan (I wrote a page for it, it should be up soon); 1992's "Poison Ivy" with Drew Barrymore (I LOVE this film. The film has such a strong charisma around it and has that great early 90's fashion sence and style. One of my fave movies ever!); and 1993's "The Crush" with Alicia Silverstone is also good, not the best thriller ever, however it was the first film to introduce us to Alicia, and it's still pretty good.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Ha, I just saw LISA yesterday on Showtime Extreme!

Cheesy but good.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home