iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » You've helped me once...now, this is the big one...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You've helped me once...now, this is the big one...
JeremyK
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3975

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JeremyK   Email JeremyK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are the last 2 movies i am completely baffled about.. if anyone can answer this for me i will have completely finished my all-time movie collection!!

1st movie: ( i may know what this is but, just want to make sure )

80s - a cheezy low budget, beach movie. a guy on the beach finds a 'magic lamp' and of course, out comes a genie. the kid seems to have a bunch of wishes and, wishes to be athletic and popular, blah blah to impress a girl.

2nd movie: this is the big one. i remember this one as a very young kid so, its early 80s. this is, this could be a tv show, or a movie.

all i remember is that is christmas time. (this movie is a sort of Toy Story theme.) i remember a toy room where the toys play and sing and talk to each other. (not claymation, cartoon. these are puppets) i remember a tiger character and a rag doll/china doll character. these toys play when they are alone in the room. one of the toys leaves the room and gets caught by the mom. she adds the toy to her laundry and the toy gets stuck in the basement. toys plot to get the other toy back. by toys i mean dolls and stuffed animals. things like that. PLEASE HELP!

jeremy-CA

Posts: 11 | From: los angeles, ca | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first one sounds like "Lifeguard"
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeremyK
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3975

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JeremyK   Email JeremyK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any idea about the 2nd one?

i could live without the first one.

plus, my lead on the 1st one was 'Miracle Beach'

Posts: 11 | From: los angeles, ca | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Second one is "The Christmas Toy".

The First perhaps is "HUNK" ?

Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeremyK
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3975

Member Rated:
i gotta check that out!! if it is that movie, you dont know how huge this will be for me.

no. i have Hunk. i knew the description kind of sounded like that. i really think it is Miracle Beach but, i have to get it and see.

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Miracle Beach" is a Fun movie. It has Ami Dolenz from "Can't Buy Me Love" as the Genie. The story was set on a beach, but I don't remeber being athlete as part of the wish. The story was he wanted the girl of his dreams to fall for him, but after it happens, he realizes he is in love with the genie. His friends got wishes as well, but they were mostly just for comic relief. Also, "Karate Kid" fans would like this for Pat Morita.

Doe any of that sound familar?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeremyK
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3975

Member Rated:
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!! Ive been searching for 'The Christmas Toy' forever!!! i thought i would never find it thanks!!!

crap, miracle beach isnt it. the genie was a guy.

RonaldMcdonaldMiller
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3657

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RonaldMcdonaldMiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its funny you mention Miracle Beach and a male genie. Ive been talking to someone on the Miracle Beach IMDB message board and that person was looking for a movie that was similar to Miracle Beach with a male genie. Someone else posted it was a movie called Getting Lucky so maybe that is the movie you are thinking about as well. Check out the IMDB thread and see if it helps you any.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0104879/board/flat/16408331

[ 30. March 2005, 10:27: Message edited by: RonaldMcdonaldMiller ]

Posts: 27 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home