iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I Watched Valley Girl For The First Time Last Night! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I Watched Valley Girl For The First Time Last Night!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I ever say I hate DVDs....this is another reason why...you can't just fast forward that easy to a scene and check out these interesting little things that only Valley seems to find. I think he watches Valley Girl with a magnifying glass. I still have no clue how he read the girls name off the credit card receipt. Cripes...that's called 20/20 vision...which I don't have...or something.

I did notice Lauren's shirt at the beginning at the mall, that I had one just like it in blue. Why don't they make cute cropped shirts any more?

What do you think Randy and Julie are talking about when Tommy comes over and tells him to get out and then punches him??

Julie says" and then the wind blows it up." I wonder what the wind was blowing, don't you??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
38. When Randy drops Julie off the next morning after the Awesome Makeout Night. Where the heck is Fred? Is he asleep in the trunk or what? You don't see him and you know Randy didn't drop him off first and then take Fred's mom's car back to the Valley.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
38. Look very closely when Suzi introduces Beth to Skip....watch the Pink shirted guy walk by Skip. Ok now rewind for second, notice this guy's twin [Wink] behind Beth & Suzi right before he walks by Skip in the next frame. Two blonde haired pink shirted twin brothers at a Val Party....As If! [Razz]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Btw Isis, I triple dog dare ya to watch Valley Girl tonight and validate all the things I have mentioned. Let's Crush That Fly!
Hey Bud Let's Party
Rewind Curious
Member # 4387

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hey Bud Let's Party     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one question, how many times have you viewed this film to be able to pickup on so many righteous things? I'm digging this tape out tonight.
Posts: 2 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ha, didn't you read the title...I watched it for the first time last night.

Actually, I've watched Valley Girl so many times, I would actually have no clue how many by now.

Morgan H.
Rewinder
Member # 6668

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Morgan H.   Email Morgan H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy schnikeys! And I thought I loved this movie? This is the kind of junk I'm totally into. I'm so watching VG today now.
Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, your in-depth take on the movie brought tears to me eyes! One other thing that I noticed...for some reason, on the cover of the DVD that I have the girl that is standing next to Nic Cage with a shopping bag is definitely NOT Deborah Foreman! I wonder, was Randy seeing another Val Chick?

How much of a nerd am I that I copied your notes and are now going to compare them with the movie??

If you notice anything else keep on posting please! [Wink]

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan H.
Rewinder
Member # 6668

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Morgan H.   Email Morgan H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aruba, maybe Julie wasn't the original VG ya think? Ok I scoped out the list, no way I could read the name on the credit card and that could not have been the guy from KK, but otherwise dead on. That was fun viewing VG and watching for these things.
Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VALLEY GIRL RULEZ!!!!
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phaota
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5699

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Phaota   Author's Homepage   Email Phaota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that movie. Finally completed my extended soundtrack to it awhile back. Total songs - 26. Six of those are bonus though, since they were only heard in the original theatrical version and were changed to new tunes in the film when it came out on VHS and DVD. Still have a tough time getting my hands a Special Edition version of the DVD. Since the UPC label on the back of the Standard Edition is the same as the S.E., I've been sent the Standard three times now from stores. A major pain.
Posts: 18 | From: Waynesboro, GA. USA | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home