iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the day--National Lampoon's European Vacation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the day--National Lampoon's European Vacation
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have a new found appreciation for this flick. It really does have some of the most interesting funny parts in it. I of course love "Hey look kids, Big Ben-Parliment" "I just can't get left"

"THe Wet Hot Wife" "Oink OInk we'll be pigs". I cannot think of anyone that acts today that can match the witty clumsiness of Chevy Chase. He and Beverly D'Angelo were a perfect casting match here. I think that they need to another vacation movie, maybe this one would have grandkids in it or something. This is a good series of films, however I have to say that I was quite disappointed in Vegas Vacation.

I have seen European Vacation so many times and I can always find something that I missed before. Great supporting cast with Eric Idle, John Astin, and Paul Bartel.

Does anyone have any particular thoughts on this Chevy Chase classic?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

You are talking about one of my favorite movies. "Hey Dad, he's gonna pork her. Rusty, He's not gonna pork her. Dad, I think he's gonna pork her. Rusty, He's not gonna pork her. Dad, He's gonna pork her. He might pork her Russ.

Not to mention the train scene. Tears, nothing but tears.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I have to say is...
"The minute you walked in the joint, I could tell you were a man of distinction, a real big spender! Bababa bababa bababa!"

"My family and I are looking for sex."

"God I miss Jack."

"Oh your Mom's calling you for dinner, okay, I'll hold."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
out of all the national lampoons moveies made this the best one and the first is the best one everone this one of the few times that the sequal is better than the first movie the move series started geting stupid after christmas vacation
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked when Russ threw his beret' from the towere and the poodle jumps to catch it.
Great film.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This film really does have a lot of great quotes in it.

"This is my mothers country, dad grandma's from Chicago, shut up Russ"

"You promised me that you erased it", "I did, I was going to"

Yeah the train scene is absolutely priceless. I wonder how many times Dana Hill had to blow bubbles and then suck them back in her mouth?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the name of the song that's playing when they're at The Louvre museum?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

If you were smart and have seen Eurotrip, it is the same song that is on that (not Scotty doesn't know). But I am going to let someone else answer that question, I know it, but I feel that it's too easy.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Devo,

I just watched Eurotrip the other night and that's when I heard the song. I knew it was from European Vacation and I can't stop singing it in my head...

Thanks,
Cin

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the better of the 2 Vacation films not writen by John Hughes (although he's listed as having written it in the credits, he actually was too busy working on The Breakfast Club to participate). Several scenes are among the best Vacation moments, including the totalling of Stonehenge (I couldn't help bringing that up when an associate visited there about 5 years ago) and the slap-happy polka fest. Chevy's always great as Clark W. Griswold (or Griswald as they somehow spell it here), no matter the quality of the story around the character, and he scores winningly here too.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
douglaz
Rewind Curious
Member # 3823

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for douglaz   Email douglaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"LETS BE PIGS" PIG IN A POLK!

One of my more favorite films from the Vacation series. I always enjoyed the part of Part in which the Griswalds were in Paries. what a riot

Posts: 4 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home