iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Which 80's movie character...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which 80's movie character...
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which character from an 80's movie did you always try to be like, or wish you could be like, when you were younger? I know when I was about 12 I always wanted to be like the girls on Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. They had so much fun, and back then their styles were so cool and those are probably the characters I could most associate with.

If I could've been someone a little more extrodinary, I'd like to have been Teri from Just One of The Guys. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a guy, or a crossdresser or any of that, I just think it would be kind of cool to go undercover and be someone else for a little while, kind of like in Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore.

What do you all think?

Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard The Duck. You get to save the world, cop off with Lea Thompson, and anyone who disses you gets a faceful of Quack-Fu!

Paul
Saving The Universe One Quack At A Time

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wanted to be Indiana Jones. I love adventure and he was the king of adventure.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wanted/tried to be like... Ferris Bueller I thought he was the coolest [Cool] [Smile] [Big Grin] . Ferris was Popular and very Clever, and he knew how to fake out his parents so he could stay home from school.

SAVE FERRIS [Smile]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay let's just say that I would have wanted to be Molly Ringwald in FOR KEEPS, not the pregnant factor but I absolutely loved the way that Stan was in Love with Darcy. You can't find stuff like that in movies today.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...everyone knows I wanted to be Isis...of course...from the 70's TV show, with my pal Joanna Cameron as Isis. I loved that showed, the fact she could fly was way cool. And she liked animals.

I also wanted to be Jamie Sommers (The Bionic Woman)...I did my 3rd grade report on "someone you idolized"-and I picked her. I loved that show. I wanted to look like Jamie Sommers, I wanted to have super human strength, and be able to jump really high, and run really fast. Me and my brother use to race each other in the front yard, and pretend we were bionic, we use to climb up on to my playhouse that my Dad built me, and get on the roof, and jump off, or jump off the front porch steps. It was cooler when you added sound effects, and did it in slow motion.

I always liked the girl superheroes like Batgirl and Wonder Woman.

I also wanted to be Sandy in Grease, when she was good.

I also wanted to be boys too. I wanted to be one of the Hardy Boys....who knows why-I could have been Nancy Drew, but no I wanted to be a Hardy Boy, and I also wanted to be Captain Purple- who was Donnie Osmond's alter ego on the Donnie & Marie Show. I would wear purple socks, and purple underwear- I had my mom paint my room purple.

If I could have been a cartoon character I would have been Hong Kong Phooey.

When I was a kid, we use to pretend we were so many different people from TV, like I always wanted to be Holly in The Land of the Lost, and me and my girlfriend we'd pretend the front porch was our cave, and we'd take our dolls out on the porch and play all day, in the driveway in the rocks- we'd build a fire pit, and we'd break branches off the hedges and make beds out of leaves. It was so much fun to play back then and use your imagination.

We would pretend we were Charlie's Angels. I loved that stuff.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elwood Blues.
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always dreamed of being Doc Brown--superintelligent and able to create amazing things.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't mind looking like Phoebe Cates in that red bikini in Fast Times...lol! I really thought Jenny Wright was cute in The Wild Life, like if I had to have short hair, that would be the look.
 -

[ 24. February 2005, 20:24: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a 70's kid it was all about Steve Austin the Six Million Dollar Man. My parents had known Lee Majors from their college years at Eastern Kentucky University, so it was cool to hear stories about him. I mean he was the Six Million Dollar Man and he got Farrah Fawcett too. Then add in filming the movie "Steel" in my hometown of Lexington in a 1978, it was all about Lee Majors.

I just noticed Jim Carrey is doing a new "Six Million Dollar Man". Don't get me know wrong, I like Jim Carrey, but he's no bionic man.

My favorite Six Million Dollar Man episode was the bigfoot one that was a two part episode. Very unique for its time. [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you ask about an 80's character, it was most of the early 80's movies that Tom Cruise was in. Obviously Risky Business, All The Right Moves, ****tail & Top Gun were the most influential. I still have the Shades [Cool] and the Smile [Big Grin] to prove it if you like.

However, I will say I'm a person that can watch a movie and transform myself into the movie, so whether it's Randy from Valley Girl, MJF from Back to the Future, or Ronnie from Can't Buy Me Love....I lived them all to some extent in the 80's.

So just give me an awesome 80's movie and I'm on vacation for at least a few hours at a time! [Wink]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wanted to be Stephanie from Grease 2. She was fiesty and independent (well as independent as you can be while being a member of a girl gang, lol)
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I would like to be John Cusack in Better off Dead, a smart kid that is goofy enough to get the job done.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home