iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Dale Midkiff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dale Midkiff
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who else had a crush on him. I remember the first thing that I remember seeing him in was Pet Sematary as Louis Creed. Oh I just thought he was a dream boat. I still do.

Did anyone else like him?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is sooooo sexy!
Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale Alan Midkiff was born July 1, 1959 in Salisbury, MD. He attended school in Baltimore.
1 of 7 sons and 1 daughter of Joyce and Thomas Midkiff.

His summers he spent in Chance, MD with his grandparents. His grandpa had an oyster boat.
He began acting in junior high school, he ventured into acting as a means to communicate and to get rid of his shyness.

After graduating from Salisbury State College with a B.A. in Communications Arts, Midkiff moved to New York City, where he appeared in "The Wager." He also acted in regional theatre productions, including "A View From The Bridge, " "Orpheus Descending, " "Barefoot in the Park," "Lovers and Other Strangers, " "Room Service, " and "Romeo and Juliet."

In 1985 he had his first major break when he was cast in the tv-movie "Dallas: The early years" as young Jock Ewing. He is now married to Joan with whom he has 3 kids. Daughters Eliza and Ava Marie, son Cole

I remember him from "Elvis & Me" & "Love Potion No. 9".

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Love Potion No. 9 also. He was a jerk in it but still hot! He was also good in Elvis and Me. I can't think of anything most recent that I have seen him in.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale Midkiff was in a TV movie with Nancy McKeon where she played a wife stalked by an abusive ex...A Cry For Help. It's a true account of something that happened to a woman in CT, where the system failed her until the guy almost killed her.

He was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC and totally convincing...the scene where he finally makes good on threats is one of the most harrowing movie moments I've ever seen on TV. Lifetime will run this one alot when it's 'women in peril' time [when isn't it on Lifetime], but it's an excellent story and this case was a landmark in the spousal abuse movement.

I'm glad Dale is actually a nice family guy in real life, because MAN was he scary as a nutcase!

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh he was awful in that movie I totally remember that one.
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pet Semetary is a great movie......it's so freakin scary. I loved Dale in it. He "is" quite handsome,great lips.... [Wink] haha Man Gage scares me still........ekkk what a frighting baby with a knife he was.

I remember Dale in the "cheese on toast fest" Elvis and Me also......lol he did a good Elvis though, cue the lips.... [Wink] again!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacReady
Rewind Curious
Member # 3908

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MacReady   Email MacReady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he was extremely weak as Louise Creed in Pet Sematary, overall, even with King helming screenplay duties, Pet Sematary is mediocre at best. Fred Gwynne was the best thing in this...
Posts: 4 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MacReady if you liked Fred Gwynne you have probably already check this out, but I thought it was a cool tribute from Eddie Munster To Herman Munster.

The Munsters

I thought Fred Gwynne was awesome in The Munsters!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacReady
Rewind Curious
Member # 3908

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MacReady   Email MacReady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks for that ValleyCat, what a great tribute, as I thought Fred Gwynne was a gentlemen, hugely popular with everyone who had the pleasure of working with him.
Posts: 4 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home