iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Bette Davis and the creepy Watcher in the Woods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bette Davis and the creepy Watcher in the Woods
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie..........A great live action Disney movie from 1980...I also just noticed it has a quite awesome page on the Rewind now! [Big Grin]

.........so Grems and I were discussing old Disney movies and I asked him if he had seen Watcher in the Woods......because it's one of my favs!

It so brought up one of those memories of a movie for the Gremster. He'd watched it as a kid but couldn't place. Right Grems??? Your so going to have to buy it now. I love when that happens......and because of you guys at the Rewind it happens often for me.

Watcher in the Woods is one of those for me.....that The Smiths down the street rented and never returned.......lol so we got to watch it all the time. Thats back when VHS's like that cost $100 to buy......remember?

I always thought Bette Davis was so creepy and Lynn Holly Johnson's voice was annoying yet you liked her. NERAK......lol As kids we lived for the parts that made you jump out of your seat....haha I still do. Those creative little quick camera shots. The woods were frighting as was the church.

If you haven't seen this one.......watch it! I want a report back people........ [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember this movie at all.....I Just Wanted To Say HI!

Hi Muffy [Smile]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya CT!!!!! [Big Grin] haha now go watch it!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can remember about 'Watcher In The Woods,' is a huge mirror and an old church, and that it scared me slightly as a young child. Haha!

I managed to catch the ending on TV about eight or so years ago, and some of the distant memories I had of the movie came flooding back. The same goes for 'Alice's Adventures In Wonderland' (1972) starring Fiona Fullerton and Dudley Moore, which I had only seen as a child. I had a great time watching it once again on TV this past Christmas.

I would like to see 'Watcher In The Woods' again... maybe to just have one of those nostalgic trips down memory lane. I can't really remember much about it, and I always find it best when you find something that you have not seen for the longest time.

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the one where a bunch of kids did an experiment and the daughter disappeared in an abandoned church, and years later a different girls goes to live near by that reminds people of the first girl so they round all the kids up (that are now grown up) and they do the ritual again and the girl comes back...and hadnt she be taken by aliens or something????
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Master Rewinder
Member # 1933

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Steve   Author's Homepage   Email Steve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watcher in the woods is a great film and cheap to buy on DVD. I always fancied the blonde girl in it I don't know her name but I thought she was very nice looking
Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Miss EAngel your right thats Watcher in The Woods!

Sounds sorta silly written out......aliens and rituals huh?

My NERAK thing was when the younger sister goes into her possession....and spells Karen backwards in the dusty window.....it cracks me up for some reason every time.

They had a Disney DVD section at Target. Watcher was there for around $10....it's well worth it. I need to pick up Escape to Witch Mountain on DVD...right EAngel.... [Wink] [Big Grin]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how I missed this Muffy.

I love this movie. I actually just saw it for the first time about 5 years ago.

A friend of mine told me about it, and said I'd love it, and I did.

It was scary for a Disney movie.

I love Lynn Holly Johnson in it.

Kylie Richards was the little sister in it, that was around the time she was doing Little House on the Prairie- I just watched her in an episode the other night, Mr. Edwards pushes her out of the way of a falling tree, and the tree falls on him and breaks both his legs.

I love when she writes NERAK on the window .

I love the house in this movie, and I love the girls bedrooms.

The scene that freaks me out is when Lynn Holly Johnson falls in the water, cause that is what happened to me as a kid. Bette Davis looks like she is pushing her under with a stick, but she's actually trying to get her loose.

It just turns freaky at the end, and it gets too far fetched, I was never really sure who had Karen and why.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody mentioned the scariest scene...in the house of mirrors.
Lynn Holly Johnson is in the house of mirrors and sees the reflection of Karen blinfdolded looking back at her.

This movie was shot with two endings. The first was the UFO with aliens that had taken Karen and that one had the audience laughing with the special effects.
The other ending is the one most of us have seen on vhs (Karen had been suspended in time switching places with an alien life form...or whatever...)

I think the dvd has both endings.

I made my sisters kids watch this and they were scared...so I guess it works as a 101 in Horro Flicks...but the ending was a total let down.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home