iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s movies in 3-D??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80s movies in 3-D??
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello all.

last weekend i caught a small piece of amityville 3-d. i didn't get to see much of it, other than some scenes with lori laughlin and meg ryan playing with a ouigi board. it didn't dawn on me that this movie was in 3-d (i know that sounds retarded), but i got to thinking, and was wondering if there were any other 80s movies that were in 3-d? i never saw any 3-d movies at the theater before. but i did see michael jackson's captain eo at disneyland a number of times, and i thought that was the coolest. sinced then, i still haven't seen anything else in 3-d.

by the way, did anyone else like amityville 3-d? i might check it out.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could you forget:

Jaws 3-D - That shark busting through the glass was so fake looking.

But even better was:

Friday The 13th: Part 3-D - I will say the spear gun to the eye was a cool 3-D effect though.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Honey I Shrunk The Kids 3-D at Disneyworld is way cool too.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i remember friday the 13th in 3-d, never actually saw it in 3-d. but i don't remember jaws 3...3-d? i like that movie though. and i know the scene you are talking about, the fake-looking shark at sea world.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

awesomeness, thanks for posting that valley.
Guido The Killer Pimp
unregistered

39 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by the way, did anyone else like amityville 3-d? i might check it out. [/QB][/QUOTE]

RONNIE,i did not care for it to much but if you like the other movies in the series ckeck it out.I also think The Amityville horror was a hoax i have read a couple books on it

| Site Updates: 39 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to watch Jaws 3-D just to see my goddess at age 21 .... IN 3-D!!!!
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

haha brode she sure looks young in that one, doesn't she mr. lea thompson [Wink]
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the '80s I saw Jaws 3-D, Friday the 13th 3-D, Space Hunter and Metalstorm... all in 3-D. That was cool. I wish they would do more of them. But you can't beat IMAX 3-D.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Gehrken
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2771

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for John Gehrken   Email John Gehrken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1983... Spacehunter: Adventures In The Forbidden Zone. My dad took me to see it. Only 3-d movie I can remember seeing.
Posts: 20 | From: Panama City, FL | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Bionic Bigfoot:
But you can't beat IMAX 3-D.

i have never been, bigfoot, but i am dying to see it. i wish i could have seen polar express when it showed there, that would have been cool. [Smile]
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starchaser:The Legend of Orin was created in 3D, they used computers for some of the models/scenes and drew over the CGI with traditional ink & paint. Would like to see it in 3D one day even though I know the effects probably won't be very good.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkey man
Rewind Curious
Member # 3889

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for monkey man   Email monkey man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to whoever can help...
looking for the name of a movie or actor.
the movie was out late 70s or early 80s.
actor had piercing blue or light eyes with the 80s hair style and spoke with a whisper.
the movie was about a monkey that was used by some agency to recognize a sound pattern (similar to that of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind").
The monkey escapes when the scientists taking care of him are killed and it is found by this guy.
Please help... send e-mail to tito@riverasworld.com

Posts: 3 | From: New England | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it "Link?" or "Monkey Shines?"
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
Ronnie...you will love IMAX 3D. The picture seems to surround you. It feels like you are in the movie.
Some other great 3D movies I have seen are the interactive ones at Universal Studios and Disney/MGM. Terminator 2 3-D just blew me away. That is sooooo awesome and I liked the Muppets 3D show and in the '80s I saw Captain EO. I thought that was pretty sweet 3D too.

RonaldMcdonaldMiller
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3657

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RonaldMcdonaldMiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
House of Wax was transfered to Anaglyph 3D and released in the mid 80s sometime. I was very young when I saw it in the theater and didnt care too much for the movie but some of the effects were pretty cool.
Posts: 27 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GraboidGirl
Rewinder
Member # 2368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for GraboidGirl   Email GraboidGirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw JAWS 3D at the cinema with my dad i remember it well cos i didn`t see my dad much growing up and now i haven`t seen him in fourteen years but anyway is it available on dvd in 3D? even though it`s not as good watching them at home on small screen i know have shrek 3D and a portible tv at the moment. [Frown]
Posts: 45 | From: Kent, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i don't know of anything that is available for dvd in 3-D? that would be awesome though.
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there was one that was about jewel thiefs or something that was in 3-D. It had laser beams that this guy had to avoid and that part was in 3-D, I can't remember the name of this one, I asked about it once on here but I don't think I ever got a response. Does anyone know which movie this was that I am talking about?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
Hey Ronnie, there are some 3D dvds out there. Spy Kids 3 is in 3D and comes with some glasses. There's also some old B Movies from the 50s in 3D like Robot Monster and Cat Women On The Moon. I've even seen a couple of box sets of IMAX movies that come with some kind of box that you plug to your DVD player and it has some goggles you wear and you see it in very good 3D. There are other titles out there too that I've seen.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home