iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » New here...Some of my favorite 80's flicks are...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New here...Some of my favorite 80's flicks are...
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't Buy Me Love, Urban Cowboy, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Nightmare on Elm Street and Fast Times at Ridgemont High, just to name a few.

I can't believe this site! I am such a huge fan of all things 80's, and my husband is always giving me a hard time about it. He always tells me I'm stuck in that era. I just keep telling me that back then we had movies that were fun and original and I'd rather watch those old flicks over and over again, rather than be subjected to the crap that is written nowadays!

Anyway, just wanted to say hey to everyone and say that I look forward to chatting with you all!

Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I be the first to greet you here on the rewind 'stix33' and I hope you enjoy yourself on here as much as I have over the last few months.

A slight word of warning though, the debate of "80's good, everything else crap" has already been overdone on here and is a guaranteed way to start arguments.

Whilst almost all of us here absolutely love the 80's, there are a solid number who will fight to the death to defend the music, movies and culture of other eras.

Anyways, hope you have a great time here and strongly suggest you say hello to Isis who shares your view and also has a husband who questions her devotion to the 80's. You two would get along fine...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guido The Killer Pimp
unregistered

4 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyways, hope you have a great time here and strongly suggest you say hello to Isis who shares your view and also has a husband who questions her devotion to the 80's. You two would get along fine...
quote:

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Yes,you and isis should be unseperatable

| Site Updates: 4 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or even inseperable [Wink]

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Stix! My wife tells me I'm stuck in the '80s too because that's what I'm still into. My favorite movies, tv shows, music , fads, fashions and games are all from the '80s. (and some '70s) She's 6 years younger than me so at times we feel the generation gap. Like when I talk about the Bay City Rollers or Electra Woman & Dyna Girl or Tales Of The Gold Monkey or the 6 Million Dollar Man. She just gives me one of those looks letting me know that she doesn't have a clue as to what I'm talking about and that she thinks I'm a total dork.
Anyways... Welcome aboard.
Nice leg warmers you're wearing there. [Wink]

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG when i was a young and developing brat i liked the Rollers too; never went as far as donning some tartan but I liked their music. After I got done listening to them i'd put my Kiss and Cheap Trick records on. Those were my 3 big bands in the 70's.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, Sam. I would watch the Rollers on the Krofft Super Show.
One of my friends had a pool house that his mom let us use as a club house and we put KISS posters all over the walls and clippings of them from magazines and we had this old 8-track player with a KISS tape in it. KISS was our heroes back then. Remember that awful movie they made: KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park. It's quite a cult hit now, but when it first came on tv my friend and I thought it was the coolest. I have a copy of it and I was showing it to the guys at work the other day and...well, they all think I'm a Dork too! [Smile]

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to The Rewind stix33 !

Geez, hopefully you haven't been scared off by that warm welcome from Noms and his step brother Guido. Kinda like being challenged by the Grim Reaper. [Razz]

Don't worry they can't play Battleship or Twister worth a ****. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stix33, there are several "Can't Buy Me Love" fans on The Rewind. I mean we even have Cindy Mancini herself hanging out here. Though I must inform you she dumped Ronnie along time ago and currently has her sights set on Jake Ryan! [Cool]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey stix33 [Smile] Welcome and I love all the movies yo named the first dvd ever bought was can't buy me love [Wink] I was so excited and proud [Smile] itd definilty a good one. dont feel bad my fiance laughs at me when I get all excited about something 80s thats coming out on dvd [Smile] so your not alone lol well neway welcome and I look forward to chatting with you
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.....I see Noms scared off someone on his first try, that was classic.

As for my husband questioning my devotion to the 80's, who ever got that idea, it sure wasn't from me personally.

Too bad Noms scared her away already, cause we could have had a new GOOF. It is what the world needs more of, and then some.

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

We all see what we want to see...

Funny Isis, you go away for a few days and there's very little in the way of bitchiness and then you come back and one of the first things you do is have a crack at me...NICE!

Noms [Cool]

GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to welcome you to the rewind Stix33! [Smile] Good choice in movies too!

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's The Dilly Yo [Big Grin]

I'm CT.....The Son Of Scarface....And say hello to my little friend [Wink]

Welcome to the REWIND family Stix33 [Cool] [Smile] [Cool] AS you can see i'm the MOBSTER of the REWIND...And I do offer My Protection Services for cheap [Wink] Shall you at any time feel Unsafe [Big Grin]

Welcome...And have FUN!!!!

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcomes! No, I haven't been scared off, just been busy.

Thanks for the offer for protection, CT!!

Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"FORGETABOUT"!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Noms, weren't you and your old pal Guido referring to me in this thread?? Gee I do believe I saw you mention my name, I was just responding back. I know you missed me. [Razz]

Welcome to the Rewind Stix33...I think you have some great taste in movies- [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Stix33,

Welcome to the Rewind [Smile] . Valley wasn't kidding...I did dump Donald or Ronald for Jake. I mean he drives a stick....hahahaha!

See you around! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the over use of smilies in this thread by the goof troop makes me want to go hmmmmmmmmm.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
[Confused] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Cool]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home