iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Parenthood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Parenthood
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay this is a late 80s flick, but still a very good one. It is about the trials and tribulations that one family deals with as being parents, friends, lovers, and siblings. An all-star cast that include Steve Martin, Mary Steenburgen, Jason Robards, Tom Hulce, Dianne Wiest, Joaquin Phoenix, Keanu Reeves, Martha Plimpton, Rick Moranis, Harley Jane Kozak, Jasen Fisher and oh, the little girl who played Curly Sue. Sorry her name has escaped me all of the sudden.

Anyway--many storylines that center around divorce and how to cope with it. How to cope with having babies at an older age. You know one thing that I find absolutely amazing is Steve Martin's ability to play a father when he himself has never been one. He is awesome in this one, as well as Father of the Bride and its sequal.

This is a comedy and a drama at its best. It combines the elements that we all love that make a movie great. There are to many great scenes to mention so let's just say the whole thing stands out.

What are your fond memories of this film?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good choice, and it's a very good movie.

Steve Martin really demonstrated the ability to handle a more serious role in that movie.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie was pretty good, I thought--Much, much better than Cheaper By the Dozen, which, even if they say it's a remake of the original, is basically Parenthood without all the charm.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home