iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Club Dread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Club Dread
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah yeah, I know it's not an 80's movie, but I just watched it on the weekend and thought it was great.
For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a really funny send up of 70's and 80's slasher movies.
My favorite scene is where the killer is chasing a girl and she jumps into a golf buggy. Naturally she drops the keys and has a hard time finding them, then she's shaking too much to get the key into the ignition. Finally she gets the buggy moving, but it goes so slow that the killer just ambles up besides her and kills her!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought about watching this one, but don't know anyone who had seen it.
i think i will give it a whirl.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds funny! Bwaha!
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheResurrection
Master Rewinder
Member # 2326

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheResurrection   Email TheResurrection   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely check this one out, also if you haven't seen Super Troopers (by the same bunch of guys) it's another great recent comedy.
Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen the movie "Club Dread", but it is my understanding that Bill Paxton plays a character named "Coconut Pete", who is obviously patterned after laid-back singer Jimmy Buffett.

But I do agree that "Super Troopers" is a fun, cheesy comedy.

[ 14. February 2005, 15:22: Message edited by: StevenHW ]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Super Troopers, it's a total kack!

"The snozberries taste like snozberries!"

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was pretty humurous. It's certainly not something intelligent, but it's good entertainment for a night with the guys. The best part was after watching the movie, we began calling this girl named Penelope "Peenalope".

Also, the "never-give-up" killer absolutely slayed us, we laughed so hard.

I watch Harold and Kumar last night, and to be honest, I was actually surprised. I figured it to be Dude Where's My Car? with ethnic jokes, but it actually wasn't bad. Once again, it's night-with-the-guys, brain-at-the-door material, but don't write it totally off.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home