iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Running on Empty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Running on Empty
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished watching it last night...thank you Cindymancini- [Big Grin] . I liked the over all story of it, and I liked that it had a good story line, and was a family type movie.

I can see where it is my Uncle's favorite movie, cause he is about the biggest ex-hippie I have ever seen, and he and my aunt are just like them, with their "causes".

But, I didn't get the sense that they were a very happy family at all, even with the mom and dad-they didn't even really seem to like each other half the time.

Judd Hirsch seemed very controlling, and self-centered. It was Rated PG-13-but I thought you could only get away with saying the f-word once in a Pg-13 movie?? He said it plenty more than that.

I didn't like when they dumped their dog right out in the middle of the road, that's almost what they did with their kid at the end, and I didn't like that at all.

I liked River Phoenix alot in it. I thought he did a great job.

I have never liked Martha Plimpton though, she always seems so rude in every part she plays, she always has a snappy mouth in how she talks, and she never came across as being a very likable person.

I think if I had to give it a rating it would be between a C and a B-.

I didn't understand the whole "network" that was helping them, I know it was some underground organization, but of what type of people, just extreme radicals?? I didn't understand why the blonde guy who robbed the bank, wanted them to do it, he didn't seem like he had a problem doing the job himself, and I wasn't sure why he'd ask them to do it in the first place.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheriff J.W. Pepper
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok movie, but I think this DVD must have been one of WB's first releases back in 1998. It desperatly needs to be updated. There are no special features whatsoever and worst of all, it's presented in FULL SCREEN only! I don't even think it was digitally remastered, as it looks no better than a VHS copy. But if you haven't seen it, or can't wait for a version more worthy of its brilliance, go ahead and pick this up. You'll probably find it on the bargain shelf somewhere
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home