iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Candies and 80's Grannies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's Candies and 80's Grannies
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking of a couple different things I was remembering from the 80's, and thought about starting 2 different threads, but didn't know if many people would respond...so I just combined them.

I was thinking the other day, about walking home from school and stopping with my best friend at my Great Grandma's house, and certain foods always remind me of certain things about my past, I am sure everyone gets like that.

But...my Great Grandma...that's all I remember about her, because I was only maybe 6 years old when we would go there, and I can remember she'd give us this giant plastic container of fudge ripple ice cream, or a jar full of crunchy peanutbutter, and 2 spoons, and we'd eat it out of the container, and she always made fresh squeezed orange juice, and I remember I loved how all that stuff tasted back then.

I ate some celery with peanutbutter on it the other day, and remembered having that as a snack alot as a kid, and I never eat it any more. Sometimes, just a regular peanutbutter sandwich will make me think of being a kid again. I remember packing my lunch for school, and my mom sticking campbell's soup in my thermos, or we always had juice in a thermos, we never had juice boxes. Does anyone else remember what they packed in their lunch for school?? Or did everyone eat the cafeteria food.

The candy thing...I just wanted to remind everyone of this website: www.groovycandies.com
because it has some cool Valentine's Day ideas on it, and it has all the retro candy on it.

I am still waiting for someone to start making Wacky Wafers again.

Did anyone else use to love Boston Baked Beans??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boston Baked Beans? Yecchh!! [Eek!]

And why do you ask? Are you rooting for the New England Patriots this coming Sunday? (which would be a suprise, considering you live in Pennsylvania!) [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember the original "Oompas"? They were from the Wonka line and were like giant M&M's, but were split with chocolate on the top half and peanut butter on the bottom. They were sooo yummy! Laffy Taffy was pretty cool too until the teacher asked you to answer the question while this concoction was taking 80% of your mouth. The jokes in the wrapper of LT blew ol' Bazooka Joe away also.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember OOMPAS... I don't know if they still make those for sure. I know they definately still make Laffy Taffy, that stuff is guaranteed to pull a filling out or 2.

I use to love Astro Pops, and the Jolly Rancher sticks of candy-the Watermelon and Apple were the best.

I just thought of a candy...and I am not sure of the name of it...it was sort of like Junior Mints...but I think it was called "Royals"...they came in a bag, and were like chocolate covered round mints.

I still am awaiting the return of the original Marathon candy bar, and the Betcha Life candy bar.

But, I am grateful that they started making Mallow Cups again- [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home