iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who liked Casual Sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who liked Casual Sex?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought this movie for $5.99 (isn't it great how cheap dvd's are getting?) a little while back. Talk about getting your money's worth! I loved it!

The friendship between Melissa and Stacey was awesome. The clothes and hair was a bonus...lol! I never realized how cute Victoria Jackson was. By the end of the movie when she gets together with Jamie, I was almost in tears. It was so sweet and sincere. I was rooting for that to happen. Then when Dice shows up on New Year's Eve to see Lea, I was like "yes, they so need to be together!"

The whole resort and sunny weather thing really comes in handy right now. Watching this made me feel like I was on vacation. I can't wait for Spring [Big Grin] !!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay did you say who liked Casual Sex or who likes it!! Sorry I had to give a little raunchy humor for this cute little flick. I am with you totally on this one. It is a really refreshig comedy and so nice to see that a girl that gets dumped on finally ends up getting the man of her dreams. I wish things like that happened in the real world as well.

I think that this film should have lead to more roles for Victoria Jackson. She has disappeared from anything, I think that she has retired and is taking care of her family. I think that it is funny to think about her because she always wore her hair up in the ponytail thing on top of her head. It was cute when she was getting the massage and she was so tensed up. Good pick for a flick Cindy!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best chick flicks of the 80s...

Hilarious and at times touching, it's really a great film. Even though I'm a guy, I can relate to Melissa and Stacy's dating issues. It seems like all the good ones are taken and what's left has baggage of all kinds. I just hope I can get the happy ending that they did in that movie.

I've been single for almost half-a-decade. It sucks.

I'm being serious here: Would any of the single women on here be interested in dating me? I'm 22 years old, and I love the popular culture of the 80s, but I'm receptive to that of other decades as well. I have black hair and hazel eyes. I'm 5' 7''. I have a form of high-functioning autism called Aspergers' Syndrome, but I'm working on living with it. PM me for more details about me. I would be faithful and loving, and that's not B.S.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the ending was a re-shoot. The audience didn't like how Lea didn't end up with Clay, so they added that.

"Hey, there's your boyfriend."

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rock....
I hope you get many replies to that very open and honest post. [Smile]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a huge Lea Thompson fan, I've been looking for this, as it's one of the few classic-Lea movies I haven't seen yet. I remember I saw one scene of it about 4 years ago, and I noticed it had the girl from Back to the Future and the chick from Saturday Night Live.

5.99? Did you grab it from the Walmart bin? If so, I might take a cruise by my friendly neighborhood Walmart.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Brode,

Yeah, I actually bought it at Best Buy but I did see it at Wal-Mart too for the same price [Smile] . Good luck!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Casual sex? Yes, please.

I mean, yes, I enjoyed this movie but haven't seen it in over a decade...it had the right mix of sensitivity & comedy to appeal to me.

I thought Dice was a stitch as Vinnie...I always had this thing for hairy guidos in open-neck shirts.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the "There's your boyfriend" line, I still use it to this day...mostly with my mom though now, I always point to some guy, and tell her..."there's your boyfriend", she does it back to me too.

Actually reminds me of me and my roommate, and her name was Stacey too, and we use to take vacations together, and had the whole "boy" thing going, where she'd meet people, and I'd meet people, and we all hung out as friends, and sometimes we'd fix each other up with different guys, like if I'd meet someone, I'd find her a date too. We were such great friends, and were roommates for 3 years, and have stayed friends to this day. We worked together, and we got along great, and I think if you can have a roommate for that long, and not kill each other, then your doing good. She and I went and saw that movie at the movies, and laughed our heads off at how similiar we were to the characters.

I don't own it, but now that I know it is out there, and that cheap, I might have to get me it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the whole dating scene today, is so different from the 80's. People rush in to things faster and faster-because they really are lonely and want someone. I have friends who are single and it is just as hard for girls to meet a nice guy these days. John is right...everyone seems to come with 2 ex wives, and a crazed ex-girlfriend, and a kid to each one of them. So, that's definately alot of baggage these days.
Or they just can't meet anyone they have common interests with. Everyone says the best place to meet people is in the grocery store, cause everyone has to buy food, so that is a common bond we all share. It is always good to get involved in a club of some sort, and just get out there to meet people, but it is scary any more what all is out there- that whole Casual Sex thing can kill ya, so be careful.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Okay HipsterMom27, thank god you said what you did! I thought I was the only nut who found the Vin-Man strangely attractive.

There's that one scene where he and Victoria Jackson wake up the next morning on a boat and he's laying there with the shirt wide open and the gaudy pants and hair. I don't know, I thought he was hot! [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!] Yikes!

"I'm the best from the East, I'm a wild crazy beast, I'm the Vin-Man..."

HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lure of the Northeast American Guido is rather unexplainable, yet unavoidable to some of us.

Stacy: [narrating] Okay, when I first met Vinny, I thought, this guy is a living argument for birth control. But as I get to know him better, I realize he's just like the rest of us: a mess.

I can only speak on the subject of dating from the post-marital side, and I would say most of it was fun...or funny, depending on the situation. Sure, having 2 kids in the mix was a challenge, but I think today's 'real man' is more hands-on with kids and willing to look at the relationship as a 'unit' rather than a 'couple.'

My perennial recommendation is to hook up through on-line dating...it worked extremely well for me, that's how I met my fiance. Too many women in my circumstances are too afraid/insecure to take that chance, but once I realized that I had the control it became interesting and tons of fun. At least I had some entertaining stories to salvage from some of the disaster dates.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Cindy-I always thought Andrew Dice Clay was good looking, it is all the hair all over his back, and shoulders that turned me off, but he has a cute face. I actually thought at the end of this movie...he turned in to a "real" man, and how he had acted in the beginning is how men think they should act, when infact they should be how he was at the end.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A great movie. The Vin Man was a great character and probably my second favorite Dice character after Ford Fairlane (an acquired taste). Why don't I make you an omelete? The switching of the flags was classic.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home