iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Something Special

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something Special
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this was just brought up recently, but I couldn't find the old thread, so I thought I'd start a new one. I just watched it last night. I am not sure if I liked it or not.

It was OK, it seemed like a cross between The Karate Kid and Just One of the Guys. Parts of it were kind of sad actually. I wasn't real sure why she wanted to be a boy, and why she just didn't dress like one like in Just One of the Guys...to see what it felt like, the whole thing of receiving the anatomy and everything... that was different...but it seemed like either way-she didn't know if she wanted to like boys or like girls, or be a boy or be a girl, and I kind of wasn't getting what they were trying to get you to hope the outcome would be. The boy she befriended...I think his name was Alphie...he was in the movie Bad Boys with Sean Penn-and I like him as an actor.

Her Dad seemed like he really wanted a boy more than a girl, and that part was rather sad too. It made me think while watching it that when your a girl you do think boys have it made, but then when you see what they go through...then it doesn't look so swell. Pam Segall really looked like a boy, she looked like Ralph Macchio to me. I still can't believe she's the girl who was Lisa's best friend in Bed of Roses, as she got older she got a deeper voice, and she actually sounds like a guy now.

I thought with the title and the description of it, that it would be more on the "risque" side...but it was actually very tame, and they didn't really even discuss sex much. I definately found it to be watchable, but I don't know if I would watch it again and again, it kind of was like tricking people...like her friends were all confused then on how they were suppose to like him/her. The girlfriend wanted her to stay her girlfriend, but then I think she was liking her as a boy, and then her boyfriend was thinking he must be gay because he was liking him because he must have sensed he was really a girl, and it kind of was messing everyone's minds up around her/him, and that didn't seem very fair. The person I liked the best in the movie was Patty Duke as the mom, cause she was kind of funny at times.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Isis, I hear what you're saying to some degree. I did think there were a few redeeming qualities about it. Little Seth Green helped...I mean come on, Chuckie Miller, you gotta love him [Smile] ! And the way she befriended Alfie was way cool. Just don't think about it too much and it's an alright movie. [Razz]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did think the one thing was funny...where they said put the word IT on the end of everything, because that's what boy's do. If you think about it, IT really does work. [Big Grin]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home