iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Naked Gun

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Naked Gun
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well let's talk about this David Zucker film from 1988. I have tosay that there is a lot of thought that goes into these kind of spoof films. This one has funny supporting appearances by George Kennedy, OJ--need I say more, Pricilla Presley, John Houseman, and Ricardo Montelban. Frank Drebin really is clueless, it is funny how Leslie Nielsen hasn't aged at all in like 20 years. He looks exactly the same. The followups don't hold a candle to this one.

Does anyone have anything to say about this flick?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Something Tells Me I'm Into Something Good'

I love hearing that song when they go on their 30 dates in 3 days(?) All the outfit changes, AND THE TATTOOS! And the chinese food that she finds in the fridge from the place that closed down 'months ago', the look on his face! Far too many jokes for me to bring up, but this movie and Airplane! are the staples when it comes to a 'spoof' movie.

Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're ever looking to feel better about yourself, this is the film to put on. You'll laugh so hard you might actually die from it. One of the things I like best that gets skewered is the notion crampant in films that bad guys have to be killed repeatedly before they actually die. First it's the doctor driving into all those explosive vehicles and ultimately the fireworks store, and then Rircardo Montalban being stunned, falling off the top of the stadium, and being run over repeatedly. And no baseball game could ever top the one they show here, with his beautifully horrific national anthem that makes Roseanne's look professional, those wild strike calls, and the total chaos he unleashes while trying to prevent the final out. It rarely gets more ludicrous than this.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bwaha! Spoof movies are the best. I actually liked the sequels, though.

To me, the best part of the date montage is when they come out of Platoon laughing. [Big Grin]

Leslie Nielsen will always be the same age, like Bob Barker. Don't see his Space Travesty movie, though--I didn't say all his movies would be funny. [Wink] It was a space spoof movie, but it just didn't do it for me.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It was pretty funny--Not the best, but I liked that one a bit.

One of the best spoof movies for me was actually Hot Shots!: Part Deux. I know, I know, it's a sequel, and I'll admit that I haven't seen much of the first one, but I just liked it.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I saw this in the movies. I am always proud to say that. But I saw the sequels in the movies too. It took me a long time to notice the part where he actually walks on the outside of the set when they are in the police station. I laugh all the time, especially "Wong Woo's? I thought they closed down 2 years ago." A great movie.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched all three Naked Gun films during the weekend.
Frankly, i thought that it could be too much Drebin for me but i liked all of them [Smile]

The 3rd one is the weakest but it´s still pretty fun stuff and includes Anna [Wink]

I need to rewatch the original Police Squad series next.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love The Naked Gun movies but don't own any of them,something I need to correct I think as I have seen the Blu Rays of them on offer lately.

I also thought part 3 was slightly weaker than the first two but still pretty funny especially the prison riot scene!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And this Chateau LeBlanc 68 is supposed to be served slightly chilled; this is room temperature! What do they think we are, animals!?"
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the first 2 were equally funny. But yeah, the jokes wore a bit thin and didn't work as well by the third one.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home