iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Anyone seen this movie??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone seen this movie??
moviejunke
Rewind Curious
Member # 3351

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for moviejunke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone ever seen 'The Wild Life"? It was made in 1984 by Cameron Crowe (so it should be good)but of course, i cant find it anywhere! Anyone got any ideas??
Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. It was intended as a follow-up to FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH but didnt take off.
I personally like it.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moviejunke you just named one of Cindy Mancini's favorite movie not available on DVD. Normally I would say that was cool, but ever since the "Private School" fiasco maybe we shouldn't go there. [Wink]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha, yeah Valley, you know how I can get [Wink] . I'm still stewing over the Private School thing...when is that DVD coming out?!? I want answers Universal!

And now you've got me worked up over The Wild Life. Is it too much to ask of these studios to just release a disc? I love The Wild Life and my VHS copy is really going down hill. I don't know how much time it's got before it snaps [Frown] . Hahahaha!

Moviejunkie, have you tried Ebay? I see copies on there from time to time. The cast is awesome. Good luck and let us know what you thought once you get your hands on a copy! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy "It's Casual" [Big Grin]

Hi I'm Bill Conrad and you are?

Not Interested

Born To Be Wild!

How can a Cameron Crowe movie not be on DVD yet? I just don't understand.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the flick where a dude at one of the parties wanted to toss a poodle in the microwave? Gawd, that movie was great! I remember Wyatt from Weird Science and Eric Stoltz. This is the same flick isnt it? Bananamara had the theme too if I am thinking right.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Valley, nice job with the "it's casual" quote. You make me laugh dude [Big Grin] ! Wasn't Chris Penn a total pukoid though? Good thing he had Tommy from Valley Girl as one of his wrestling buddies. They deserve each other.

And yes, Richie, Bananarama did sing the title song. I just saw the video for it not too long ago on Vh-1 Classics.

The Wild Life soundtrack has some good stuff on it. I scored a copy last year. Yay!! Maybe I'll go listen to Donut City right now [Smile] ! Hahahaha!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home