iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Three for the Road

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Three for the Road
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay this roadtrip film starred Kerri Green, Charlie Sheen, and Alan Ruck. If I recall correctly Kerri's character is a free spirited young girl who sets off in search of her mother at the opposition of her politically correct father. Charlie and Alan accompany her on her adventure to make sure that she stays out of trouble. I don't remember much else about this film. I know it is the second film that Charlie and Kerri starred in together, the first of course being Lucas.

Does anyone have any feelings at all about this flick?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JLP, very underrated road comedy. All the ingredients worked well, and the cast really came together. Only prob was the ending was way unreal, and they never address that 21 year old Charlie wants this underage girl as his love. Other than that some good laughs.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nacho rasines
Rewind Curious
Member # 8782

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for nacho rasines   Email nacho rasines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cannot find any free available torrent on the internet, do you know any? wanna watch it. thankx
Posts: 4 | From: Santander (Spain) | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching this one tonight. I'm in need of some Kerri Green this week.

-

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm in need of some Kerri Green this week.
Then you have very limited options!

I watched this a few days ago. I thought it was weak back in the day, and I think it's weak now. Not terrible, but weak. Kerri, however, looks fantastic. So does Charlie (for the ladies).

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that it is weak. But like you said, my options are limited! I already have to watch The Goonies this week, for Willy's quiz, so I might cram in Summer Rental and Lucas and get really c-c-c-crazy.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that this is a good road movie with a nice cast.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I think that this is a good road movie with a nice cast.

Have you been drinking again?! You can't drive like this!

I fixed it for you:

quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I think that this is a weak road movie with a nice cast.

*HERE BE SPOILERS*

Seriously, we get to ten minutes before the end and we're introduced to Sally "I like to gush" Kellerman, and she doesn't even have a function! She finally confronts the "I-like-to-hit-my-daughter-in-front-of-strangers" Senator and threatens to tell the world about his "statutory rape" (!) if she doesn't get custody! Couldn't she have done that WHEN HE FIRST TOOK HER AWAY?!

This film badly needed a rewrite. A decent cast looking for a decent script.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you fixing my line again!? [Cool] [Cool]

Of course you can watch movies like that, analyze them to death, search the weak points.
What i like to do is enjoy the atmosphere, the feeling, the single great performance and so on.
The good things.

I´m not saying it´s a classic, just a nice sunday afternoon flick.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Are you fixing my line again!? [Cool] [Cool]
Have I done that before?! I am getting cheeky!

quote:
Of course you can watch movies like that, analyze them to death, search the weak points.
What i like to do is enjoy the atmosphere, the feeling, the single great performance and so on.
The good things.

Can't argue with that. I'm the same, sometimes a film can have the right 'vibe' (or be from the right decade... if you know what I mean) and that counts for a lot.

quote:
I´m not saying it´s a classic, just a nice sunday afternoon flick.
I totally agree with that actually. I think I'm harder on the film than neccessary because there are so few Kerri Green movies. I always want this to be as good as 'Lucas' or 'Goonies'.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i agree. It´s not quite Lucas or Goonies [Cool]

Here´s the finnish vhs cover art:

-

[ 16. August 2012, 03:10: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Pretty similar to the UK cover. Except for the toothpaste left on the 'A's.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Haha, the toothpaste comment always cracks me up [Smile]

Here´s cool swedish Three for the Road VHS cover art.
No toothpaste but a red circle above the A [Big Grin]

-

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
I just re-read my comment - and it made me laugh too! (Is that wrong?!)

The Swedish cover art is odd; I don't recall Kerri's cleavage, nor do I recall her having a massive mane of black hair!

I think I need to watch Lucas again...

jforsberg
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12862

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jforsberg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen this one yet. I will have to check it out!
Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's always been hot.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home