iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » can you help me remember this film?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can you help me remember this film?
sweet_thang_16
Rewind Curious
Member # 1154

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sweet_thang_16   Email sweet_thang_16   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiya i'm not sure if this movie was in the 80's but it has been bugging me for ages. i saw this movie when i was younger it was about two brothers one of them is a wizz at computer games, noone can beat him. they decide to take the little brother to compete against a older guy who is a wizz too. and the older guy plays a racing game but the control pad is a glove which he wears and he moves his hand to control the car. i remember bits of this movie! the older brother was the boy from, 'the princess bride and also ' the boy who could fly'

i would like to find out the name of this film could you help me?

Posts: 2 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, someone else asked this question a couple weeks ago, but that is "The Wizard" from 1989. Fred Savage is the older brother.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, the Wizard!..The second movie I ever saw in a theatre. Wow, the Powerglove..the biggest waste of money I'd ever seen kids spend in long time. My cousin was 19 when that thing came out and I remember he bought it to use with the same game they play in the movie, that racing game. By the end of the day we decided it was such a piece of crap that we were having bionic arm fights with it...Oh how it was to be a kid and have 8 thousand uses for everything, even food. If you want that movie by the way they don't make it anymore..just go to some used movie website or Ebay and you should find one. Just make sure it won't destroy your VCR sweety-thangg.
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_thang_16
Rewind Curious
Member # 1154

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sweet_thang_16   Email sweet_thang_16   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aww thankyou so much. i have been wanting to know the name of that film for ages! so i wouldnt be able to get it anywhere then? i always wanted to see it again lol. just coz i liked it at the time. could you possibly find a website for me about it i am really rubbish at searching.

thanking you xx

Posts: 2 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you should ask this question, my review of it was just recently added :)
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home