iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Krush Groove

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Krush Groove
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it last night. I had never seen it before, except the part where Sheila E. does Love Bizarre.

I actually really liked it alot. It had everybody in it from the Fat Boys to Run DMC, to The Beastie Boys to New Edition to LL Cool J.

That's when I really liked rap music.

What I liked about the movie the most was Sheila E. I think she did a pretty good acting job, she was really funny, and wow can she play the drums, I love when she starts flipping the drumsticks off the floor, and throwing them in the air, and catching them behind her back, that was talent all in it's own.

It was no Breakin, but it was pretty Groovey... [Cool]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"KRUSH GROOVIN"

"Body Movin"
"Body Movin"

I watched this movie all the time,i had the BIGGEST Krush on Sheila E. You forgot to mention Blair Underwood he was playing the role of Russell Simmons founder of DEF JAM records. That's what Krush Groove was about,the start of DEF JAM RECORDS,so it was a little different from Breakin,& Beat Street.

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, how could I forget Blair Underwood- [Eek!]

That was his big movie debut- he was really cute!!

Which one of the guys in Run DMC was killed not long ago? My husband says 2 of them were, and I thought it was just the Grandmaster. In the movie there is the guy with the glasses, and the other guy with the moustache, I think his name was Ron. Does anyone know for sure?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The one scene I like, was when they go in to the bank for a loan, and they gave the guy their paperwork, and the guy says..if you have any questions, just ask me cause I am the one who wrote it all down. It is all a bunch of scribbled on crumpled up paper. Then when they tell them they can't have a loan, and the guy says...My answer is NO. The other guy says.. "so, what are you saying?"
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was Jam Master Jay(RIP)

That was killed [Frown]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
EWWWWWWWW! You thought Blair Underwood was cute [Big Grin]

I'm not the biggest fan of B.U. especially when he was on L.A. Law,he has a look on his face like he just woke up and had'nt washed his face [Big Grin]

What about Rick Ruben was'nt he in the movie he played his self?

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have krush groove on vhs. it's an ok movie, i guess. the music is cool but i cannot stand LOVE BIZARRE by sheila e. i think i bought it when i was 17 and haven't watched it since.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The Soundtrack is hard to get, even though, individually these all exist in one realm or the other on albums. I happen to really like the movie. Some cheese, but it really brought hip hop mainstream, and gave faces to people that didn't get exposure.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmer Ted
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2663

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Farmer Ted   Email Farmer Ted   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually thought Krush Groove would be a bigger hit than E.T., I still say time will eventually tell.

Sorry had to throw in a more recent movie funny bit.

Posts: 59 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home