iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--The Life and Death of Peter Sellars

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--The Life and Death of Peter Sellars
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay not an 80s one today but I feel it needs to be discussed today. :cool: :cool:

I watched this HBO movie last night and Geoffrey Rush did an excellent job as the greatly tormented comedic genius. It is always odd to see these types of stories that show someone whom you think has an ideal life, really have a screwed up life.

It has an all-star cast that includes Charlize Theron as Britt Ekland--she hardly had any dialogue in the film, Stanley Tucci--as Stanely Kubrick, Miriam Margolyes--as Peg, Pete's domineering starstruck mother, and John Lithgow--as Blake Edwards. I have to admit that this film makes me want to go back and see more Peter Sellars films. I really loved him in Murder by Death. I haven't seen all of the Pink Panther films but I think that it is pretty interesting to see how he rose to fame with the role of Inspector Clouseau.

I would recommend this film even though it isn't 80s related really but I think that Peter Sellars became a timeless figure when they tried to revive the Panther series in the early 80s following his death. I have heard from Bionic Bigfoot that Steve Martin is going to star in a remake of sorts of The Pink Panther. I just don't know how that is going to be, Steve Martin with an accent, I am a little eerie of that one.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see it, but I don't have a premium channel package, such as HBO. But I'd like to know why it was not shown in theaters?

To JLP: There is one other "Pink Panther" movie that didn't star Sellers. It was simply called Inspector Clouseau (1968). It was the third in the series, the first one was The Pink Panther and the second was called A Shot In The Dark, and both starred Sellers. I guess Sellers didn't feel like playing Clouseau a third time, though he finally did in the mid-70's.

The new version with Steve Martin (which also stars Kevin Kline, Beyonce Knowles, and Jean Reno) is supposed to come out in September '05.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geoffrey Rush did a great job as SELLERS,i had no idea how much he really hated the role of Inspector Clouseau.
Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bwahahaha! Inspector Clouseau! That was that turkey starring Alan Arkin. Bwahahahaha!
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of the few movies of this decade that I've liked so far.

The movie should've gone to theaters...That's how good it is. Rush as Sellers does a great job. Also, there's some great retro music ("Space Oddity", "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" and pieces from Sellers movies are all featured).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home