iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I have a question about the Hugga Bunch??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a question about the Hugga Bunch??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to admit it, but I have never seen it, and it has to be the most asked about movie on here. Who has seen it, and is it really good, it sure seems like it is very memorable, and I keep wondering what I really am missing out on.

I know Steven lives for this movie, all though he probably has never seen it either- [Wink]

But, isn't it an animated movie?? And when and where was it played??? Was it released at the Theaters???

Should I look for it???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis9968 curiously asked:
quote:
Should I look for it???
Only if you have a death wish. [Wink]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that me you'll have to kill me if I watch it?? Or I'll wanna kill myself after watching it? [Confused] [Razz]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

He means both. Uhh, I never saw it either, I take pride in that fact.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Ok, then I guess I'll never know what I missed out on, it is a cartoon though right?

Does anyone know the answer about where they watched it??? Was it released in the movie theater, or some made for TV thing??

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a bootleg off eBay out of maddening curiosity about a year ago. I had a little child so I used her as an excuse.
It's not a cartoon...it's puppets that are a cross between a Cabbage Patch Kid and a Pillow Person. Thye are really ugly in my opinion. I would assume they used to sell the dolls...probably the movie was made to hike up doll sales.
Well anyway...its pretty cheesy looking, I think.There is a reaZl live little girl who interacts with the dolls.....so imagine a little kid in a movie co-starring with a bunch of Muppets.
I have a feeling you will one day (soon!) cave and buy a copy because your just like me: you will have to witness it for yourself even if its a stupid movie!!!
I threw my copy out not long ago. Had I known you wanted to witness it for yourself I would have given it to you. It's a View Once, I think, not a Keeper.
It's sort of like PUFNSTUF only sappyer and not as trippy.
Try eBay or half.com

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Thank you Mamamia for the low down on the Hugga Bunch.

I never knew it wasn't a cartoon, so at least I learned something.

I am not a big fan of that kind of stuff, even the Banana Splits and HR Puff N Stuff were a little hard to take for me, but I did love Sigmund and the Seamonsters.

I just wondered why it was such a huge thing, why everyone always asks about it more than any other movie, that seems to be the scariest part- aside from what they did to Steven!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home