iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Grandview U.S.A.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grandview U.S.A.
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw this movie for the first time...I was a bit shocked by the whole relationship between Jamie Lee Curtis and C. Thomas Howell. I would never put those two together! It was cool see Jennifer Jason Leigh pop up again and she played such a slutty little person you just wanted to slap her! And finally, Patrick Swayze...I just love him, no matter what he does. Overall it wasn't bad. What did you guys think?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, the first time that I caught this film was late one night probablly in the late 80s on HBO. I think that it was interesting enough, and I had almost forgotten that John Cusack has a small role in it as C. Thomas's best friend.

I think that Tab Hunter played the guy that Jennifer Jason Leigh cheated with. Hard to believe that guy was a 60's hearthrob.

Overall I would purchase this movie maybe if it were in the $5 bin. I still pretty much watch it whenever it comes on TV.

Some awful big name stars in this one: Patrick Swayze, Jamie Lee Curtis, C. Thomas Howell, Jennifer Jason Leigh, John Cusack, and Tab Hunter.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, jlp937, John Cusack was in this. I wish he had a bigger role. I think it would have definitely added to the movie.

I think my favorite scene is when Patrick Swayze is on the bulldozer and he's coming through the house to get Jennifer Jason Leigh for cheating... Pretty funny stuff! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home