iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » i am at a lost, anyone that can help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i am at a lost, anyone that can help!
artsteph
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 595

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for artsteph   Email artsteph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone, i posted a while ago about a movie i have just had no luck in figuring out the title. i have searched at imdb, e online, etc. does anyone have any suggestions for anywhere else i moght look? thanks so much and have a great day you guys!

stephanie

Posts: 20 | From: apopka, fl usa | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for info for everyone, the question before was:

it was about a young boy and girl. the girl was someone who didn't fit in anywhere. well the two kept meeting in their dreams. the boy was stuck in a house with a man who hurt him all the time. at some point the boy is in grave danger and the way he escapes it is the girl has drawn a description of the house and a likeness of the man and the only way to get rid of the man is to tear him out of the picture. after this it shows the boy and girl safe with someone coming to rescue them.

I've tried to think, and it sounds like a few movies, but I can't really recall any of them enough to say for sure. For a while, I thought it might be Dreamscape, because there were a few interwoven stories there. I also thought it might be (don't laugh!) Splash. There's this dream sequence where the young Tom Hanks is imagining that he's with the mermaid as a child.

Do you have any more to help us? Any guesses as to who might have been in the movie? or when/where it was set?

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
artsteph
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 595

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for artsteph   Email artsteph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let's see i think it may have been set in canada, england, or maybe even australia because i remember the two kids having accents. as for who starred in it or the names of the characters i don't remember. i can try and remember a few more facts.

when the girl tries to tell her parents about the boy and she doesn't believe them she runs away in hope of finding him. the boy is unable to walk i do remember that. the final scene is of the two of them together on a grassy hill and a helicopter is coming towards them. next thing you know the girl wakes up in a hospital with her parents there.
thats all i can recall right this second ill keep thinking about and try to remember more.

thanks for trying to help,
stephanie

Posts: 20 | From: apopka, fl usa | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
JonBoy
Rewind Curious
Member # 280

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JonBoy   Author's Homepage   Email JonBoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure it wasnt a twilight Zone Epsiode i saw one that almost describes that exactly!
Posts: 10 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
artsteph
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 595

Rate Member
i don't think it was. i am pretty sure it was a movie, it could have been a made for tv movie, but i'm just not sure. thanks though. i'm sure it'll come to me one day( i hope)
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know exactly the film that is being described, it's one of my favourites, my mum read the book to me as a kid and I was really pleased when they played it on TV and now I got the video, it's available on VHS & DVD. When they played it on tv they played it in a season of chiller films, there were aspects that were scary but I never really saw it like that, I saw it as a release for both the boy and the girl.

Oh, you want the name of the film? :)

Paperhouse (1988)

It's on my list of films I want to do a review of.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
artsteph
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 595

Rate Member
wixard,

you are the best, you have no idea how long i have been trying to figure out the name of this film. thank you so much, i can never thank you enough!!!!!!!!

stephanie

The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem, Stephanie. Looks like I joined this messageboard at the right time :) my usual hangout is the messageboard on www.80snostalgia.com but there's not enough talk about films so I looked in here and found some questions I could answer & friendly people to talk about films with.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
artsteph
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 595

Rate Member
yes you did join just in time. i also joined for the same reasons you did. this is a really cool site to chat about movies and help people so it all works out in the end. well, thanks again and god bless america!

everyone take care today!
stephanie

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home