iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » THE MASK-QUESTION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE MASK-QUESTION
ladyjane
Rewind Curious
Member # 3605

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ladyjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
does anyone else believe that the movie the mask portrayed Rusty Dennis in too good of a light? She was a drug addict who used her child with all his handicaps for sympathy and money. [Mad]

I can't take it when I see movie reviews say how she quit using drugs and put the good of her son first. SHE NEVER QUIT USING DRUGS. She kept Rocky away from his father- if Rocky would've been able to stay with his father, he would've had such a better life. She never had his best interests at heart. She was a money hungry drug addict.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LadyJane, welcome to the Rewind!!

I think the Mask is depressing for all kinds of reasons. In the movie, they made you feel like his mom loved him though, I guess the best she could, alot of people live like that, I think it is wrong, and I sure don't condone drug use in anyway at all, and I think kids should be removed from their home if the parents are doing drugs, the thing is though, that half the foster families are no better, it is a vicious cycle.

I think the part about the Mask that was the best was when he went to the Blind Camp, and nobody judged him at all, that had to be the best place ever for him to be.

In parts of the movie it seemed like he and his mom did not get along at all, so I never really thought she portrayed a great role model as a mother.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked that part when the Mask twisted those balloons together and made a Tommy Gun out of them and started firing at the badguys. Smoooookin!
[Smile]

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home