iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » War of the Worlds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: War of the Worlds
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went and saw The series of Unfortunate Events today. My son has read all the books, and loves them, and I thought I might like it, it looked kind of funny in some of the previews, but it wasn't at all, it was so dark, and depressing. My gosh, does Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman look so old.

Anyway, they previewed 2 movies, and 1 was War of the Worlds, Speilberg/Cruise and the clip started out like Poltergeist/E.T./Close Encounters, for all of 10 seconds, then everyone got blasted to pieces, and it scared the heck out of me, it doesn't look to uplifting either. It said coming Summer 2005, has anyone else seen clips for it??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Spoilers for the following movies: A Series of Unfortunate Events and Signs)

A Series of Unfortunate events was really funny at the beginning (The Happy Little Elf? Scared me outta my wits!), although it DID give you a warning, didn't it? It told you nothing good would happen in it, and the title of the movie says it all. I few parts got a chuckle out of me (Meryl Streep afraid of realtors! Ha!), but it stayed pretty dark. It was okay, but I would've enjoyed it more if there weren't two kids behind us practically yelling whatever popped into their heads--The mother didn't say anything, either! Ah well.

I saw the War of the Worlds preview. I've never seen (or heard) the original, so I wouldn't know what to think. I thought it was a reincarnation of a Twilight Zone episode at first. It scared the pants off of me! I don't think I'll watch it, though. I'm more of a comedy person. It brings back memories of Signs--The movie wasn't too scary, but when the alien showed up in the home video with those kids--That was creepy!

When I saw the Unfortunate Events movie, there was a preview for the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie--It sounded deliciously funny, and the tune was catchy. I'll probably see that one. The original was good, too--I have that one.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the teaser for War Of The Worlds and the first thing I thought too was Close Encounters and Independece Day.
I liked the original one a lot. With Spielber and Cruise working together on this one it should be on a very large scale and have quality effects. I can't wait to see it.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home