iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Does anyone Remember the 80's Movie "Sing"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone Remember the 80's Movie "Sing"?
Jazzy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3488

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jazzy   Email Jazzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was with Peter Dobsen and he played a street wise guy named Dominick. It also starred Lorraine Branco(The Sopranos) as his teacher and they were going to put on a production for the High School called Sing. Dominick had mugged her, and she found out about it and she threatened to tell the police unless he helped her do the Talent Show. He fell in love with a girl named Hannah who was his direct opposite. She was good at school, never did anything wrong and waited tables at her Mom' Diner. They hated each other at first, than they fell in love while working on the show. It was a great movie! I dont see it listed on here. I wondered if anyone recalls it and if its going to be Released on DVD!
Posts: 13 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ironically enough, I am in charge of Sing at the school I teach at. It's an ok movie, Sing came from Brooklyn and in Staten Island where I live it is also big. There are pictures of the work that I do somewhere.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really loved this one. I loved the music in it. It was more of a dramatic musical. I loved the pairing of Jessica Stein and Peter Dobson. I wish I would have seen her in more things. She was in Armageddon and the wonderful show from the early 90s Homefront.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skatefan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3166

- posted      Profile for Skatefan   Email Skatefan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember it. It was an ok movie. Post dirty dancing fare. I have an mp3 of "Birthday Suit" by Johnny Kemp, which I think was from that movie.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D, you were supposed to show me pics to your school's SING a year ago. go find them!

great movie by the way, with great music. except for the chick trying to sing madonna's LIKE A VIRGIN.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jazzy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3488

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jazzy   Email Jazzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Two Fave movies "Fire with Fire" and "Sing" arent even listed on this site. How crappy. Those movies were great! I wish they were coming out on DVD I buy them in a second. No matter what the price. I guess I will have to search for them on Tape. Sheesh.
Posts: 13 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home