iRewind Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Please All Read

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Please All Read
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to let you all know a couple of important messages from the Management Team (which is a posh way of saying Nick and Paul...)

1. Board Behavior. Currently, this is poor. I've said before and will say again - you can discuss and disagree, even attack people's opinions. But attacking and insulting someone directly and personally is not on. Because of this, I've deleted the 'Rhodes' thread that Isis9968 started, and also have edited / deleted a number of other posts in several threads. Hopefully the message is clear and understood - keep it peaceful. If you can't - well we'll be sorry to lose you. Down to you guys.

2. This has highlighted the need for more moderator coverage, especially based in the US, where there's a lot of evening and overnight posts that we here in the UK don't see till the following morning. As a result, Nick and I have asked Devolution to become a Moderator on the 70s, 80s, and 90s boards, and he has happily accepted the post. Please go easy on him, and remember - he's still Devo, but now he has a little bit of God in him.......

3. The language filter on this board is there for a reason. Please do NOT try to 'out-think' it by using different characters and punctuation, in an attempt to prove a point or deliberately provoke other board members. The policy of this board is clear - all language used should be suitable for people of all ages. The RASCI statement on the home page declares that the site is safe for kids to visit. Excessive language is one thing that will stop this being so - and if we declare we are child-safe and then are shown not to be, we could be sued and/or shut down.

If you can't stay within the guidelines of the board, then you may need to be placed in a moderation queue until you are more able to consider the implications of not only what you post but the way it is expressed.

Now - let's all please get back to the business of 80s movies?

Paul and Nick
Board Administrators

[ 07. January 2005, 09:27: Message edited by: paulshrimpton ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Further to the general slowdown of the board we've all been noticing and off topic discussions having no place to go on the existing structure, we have implemented new forums for you all to enjoy. [Smile]

They Are:

80s Movies: Strictly Discussion of 80s Movies Related Topics Only

80s Music: Strictly Discussion of 80s Music Related Topics Only

80s Rewind: Discussion of Life in the 80s / 80s TV etc

Rewind Social Club: Whatever you like. This is the place for Rewinders to get to know each other and discuss those unrelated topics with only one rule: Polite discussion ONLY -no exceptions!

Important: Please only post your topic in the relevent forum and keep other topics in the general forums where they belong. This policy will be strictly enforced by moving or deleting offending posts. [Frown]

A process of moving existing topics to their relevent forums has already started. This will continue for some time probably. Until then you may reply only to an off-topic post that is obviously in the wrong forum...

I sincerely appreciate everyone's cooperation in this time of change and really hope that these changes provide a better, more useable place for us all to hang out [Smile] [Cool]

-Nick
Webmaster: fast-rewind.com

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home