iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » COMEDY-house burglar becomes housesitter, finds an in as an executive...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: COMEDY-house burglar becomes housesitter, finds an in as an executive...
candlesong
Rewind Curious
Member # 655

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for candlesong   Email candlesong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched a movie in around 1995 that I am almost sure was a 80's flick. Of course, can't remember name. It is a young man and his friend, who go in to rob a very rich house, and while they are there they hear the answering maching take two messages. One is the owner telling the guy who is supposed to housesit, that he is going to stay on his trip for another month (or something like that) then the robber hears a second message from the housesitter, saying he hopes the owners trip went well, and he's sorry he wasn't there to see him come home, but he had to get somewhere else. Well....the (lead role) burgler...played by a caucasion, brown haired (if I remember right) guy in his late 20's early 30's decides to housesit, and take advantage of the very cool, house with all sort of fancy gadgets...house wide stereo, lighting at the sound of the voice, etc..... It was hilarious. He ends up becoming an executive, maybe even a VP, and everything is going great for him, until the owner is coming home. I don't remember exactly how it ends. Nor, do I remember who played in it. But, I would love to knoow the name of this movie. Thanks, Christine
Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
BobC
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 82

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BobC   Email BobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like Opportunity Knocks with Dana Carvey.
Posts: 15 | From: Fairlawn, NJ, USA | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
candlesong
Rewind Curious
Member # 655

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for candlesong   Email candlesong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Bob. I will check that out. That name actually seems to ring a bell! I'll let you know.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
candlesong
Rewind Curious
Member # 655

Rate Member
Thank you so much!!! That is it. I'm so happy to finally know what it is after all these years. Bob C. thanks ever so much!!
Best Wishes, Christine

candlesong
Rewind Curious
Member # 655

Rate Member
Oh, yes, I was wondering...can anyone...maybe you Bob C., remember why this is rated PG-13? I don't remember anything in the film that wasn't family oriented.???Can you??? Any help would be appreciated. I don't want it if there is a sex scene or bad language, sexual references, etc... Sounds crazy, maybe, but I am very particular about the movies I watch...more information than anyone needed to know, but...just explaining why I ask.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home