iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » SEX Appeal (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SEX Appeal
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't realise it had been that long since Isis had gone off on one of her rants. I was beginning to think she was slacking...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah..it has been awhile...but it takes it to build up in me, before I can pin point what is bothering me.

It isn't me...I just constantly am talking to people that are either depressed, or they can't find a man or both. I have friends who call me just to complain about all of it, and I can't do nothing.

The lastest thing that made me hate the kind of men that are out there right now...is my mom sold her house-to my cousin's boyfriend, she had 3 cats-that she asked him to keep because they have never been anywhere but there, I can't have 3 cats..my son and I are allergic to their hair-they are persians. 1 is deaf, the other was abused-so my mom rescued them, and wanted to make sure they had a good home-she's had them over 5 years-the one cat she has had 10 years, if it weren't for them- she would have moved in with me 2 years ago. This guy waited 2 weeks after getting her house-she gave him all her furniture...so she didn't have to worry about getting rid of it-he made out..she asked him over and over would he keep the cats-she sent him alot of money towards their care...my cousin-his girlfriend, called and said he wants rid of them, and then tells my mom he only said that he'd take them just to get her house- what a jerk. Now my cousin, who's a big animal lover, calls her bawling all the time about the whole thing, she bawls on my answering machine, about how she only attracts jerks, and how she should have known he'd do that, and what's wrong with her..my other friends around here...they then start saying I know men just like that and ones that have done worse, and then I get story after story that are horrible about how these men are awful. And that's what makes me think-what the heck is wrong with people any more, doesn't anyone have any decency any more.

The people that I was friends with in the 80's that were men, I could depend on them for anything, they were never the kind of people that I see out there now. It's like it all relates to the time we live in...that's what I keep thinking. I am lucky because I meet my husband in 1989, before he got warped by all the garbage out there, and I keep my son stuck in time too, so he isn't bombarded with all the garbage, or he'd be just like the other kids in his class that are mean.

My husband came home from work tonight, and was telling me of these people at work he was talking to, the mom was trying to find a guy for her 24 year old daughter...she said there's nothing but losers out there. That's what my girlfriends who are single say all the time, and I think it is just a reflection of the time we live in.

If it weren't for the computer and having meet some nice guys through here, that are my friends now...I never see guys out anywhere that I think are worth a second look, or would give the time of day too...but there use to be. I don't know where they all went.

[ 11. December 2004, 14:54: Message edited by: isis9968 ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So most men are creeps, losers or a total waste of time??? And of course all women are princesses who deserve everything...

Reality? Huh, who needs it when you have threads like this doing the rounds. I haven't laughed so much in ages. Thanks Isis.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Btw..how did we go from Sex appeal of TV and movie stars to a man who doesn't want to look after someone else's cats??

Tell me Isis, how long have you been a man hater and does your husband know???

Noms [Cool]

[ 11. December 2004, 17:29: Message edited by: Nomisdrol ]

rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isis i would love to give you a Freudian psychoanalysis assessment i bet you have a whole graveyard in your closet [Big Grin]

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LETS not froget SYBIL DANNING

http://www.celebritywonder.com/cgi-bin/frame/frame2.cgi?sybildanning==http://www.geocities.com/sybilldanningpic/index.html

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry so many other single women are having such a rotten time...I wonder what it is they bring to the dating table, because I've had loads of fun once I became a single chick again at 36. Let's just say, anything had to be better than the marriage I was in!

Nearly 9 years later I am off the market, but I sure had some great times and some good laughs at the expense of some of the goofs I made the choice to go out with.

One guy: People tell me I resemble Sonny Bono.
Me to him: Was that before or after the tree thing?

Another guy: I consider myself a family 'orientated' kind of person.
Me to self: Irregardless, I deserve better than you.

In between those interesting exchanges were a ton of new experiences and awesome times, so at the risk of always taking up the counterpoint, it isn't necessarily a jungle out there.

~It's good to be the queen.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rhodes:
LETS not froget SYBIL DANNING

Oh.... Can I? I've always wanted to froget Sybil Danning!

[Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

Hey shrimpton you cant froget Titties like that and you know it [Big Grin]

CAPTAIN RHODES

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nomisdrol..I knew you'd love my "kitty" story...I had to give you something to think about while I was gone. I am back from having fun for 2 days.

How it relates to where I started, is in movies and on tv. you saw guys like Harrison Ford, Tom Selleck, Robert Redford, who had alot of "sex appeal"..meaning they weren't just good looking, they made you "want" them, because they seemed like a good guy to have.

Even in music...I use to like Dan Fogelberg, Jackson Brown, and James Taylor-when they were all younger-they weren't drop dead gorgeous, but there was something sexy about them....I don't see that any more, and I am saying that you don't see it in real life either..the guys I see out there "on the market"...don't have one appealing character trait about them, even if you don't go by looks, their personalities suck to no end. I was just saying one of the most recent stories about why alot of men seem to be such jerks...I have a billion other worse stories, I just thought of that one, cause of what a jerk that guy was...it wasn't just the cat thing, it was that he was a big darn liar, and was all nice and friendly to my mom's face, and she thought he was a decent guy-but he was just being that way to get what he wanted. But like I say- what comes around goes around.

My husband knows all about how I feel about guys out there...he thinks I am right too, believe me he doesn't fit in with the redneck idiots I got living around me...so he completely knows the lack of quailty men is not something that is in my mind only.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In between those interesting exchanges were a ton of new experiences and awesome times, so at the risk of always taking up the counterpoint, it isn't necessarily a jungle out there.

~It's good to be the queen.

Not a jungle, more like deforestation and a barren landscape “of tragedies and near-misses” (smuggling 90s movie lines onto the 80s board just for you, a free gulp of oxygen for anyone who guessed the film).

Isis being sexist? never, time for FRANK T.J. MACKEY to enter the room-ah! You're right about sex mania in entertainment, I was thinking about the 80s and how sexual humour (through prevalent in quite a few movies) was never as in-your-face so to speak, as it is today in every single medium out there. Isis, you would love the O.C. (great morality [Wink] [Razz] )

As for sex appeal: Winnona Ryder through the ages from ‘Lucas’ to ‘Lost Souls’ Nona’s still gorgeous.

And nowadays, people like Angelina Jolie and Kiera Knightly.

[ 15. December 2004, 04:26: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I probably shouldn't be admitting this . . .

But I watched the movie "Snow" tonight, which was an ABCFamily original movie. I think their original movies are usually all fluff and no substance, but I loved it. And the guy who played Nick--I don't know his name, but I thought he was good-looking. He was a bit of eye-candy, and the movie was cute and funny--and the romances weren't all tacky and based on sex. The girl who played Sandy was very pretty, and not in a fake type of way either. Little side stories with other characters were going on in the background, too, so that made up for the tacky villain.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kate
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4364

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kate   Author's Homepage   Email Kate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Olivia Newton-John and Lee Remick are the two most beautiful women ever!!
Posts: 14 | From: CT | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Kate Hudson is really pretty in a natural way. I guess it doesn't hurt to be Goldie Hawn's daughter. [Smile]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot believe I missed this post the first time around. But it is so funny that ISIS and I have the exact same thoughts a lot of the time. I was listening to Rick Springfield's "Affair of the Heart" yesterday morning and I was thinking about the kind of sex appeal that he had. Okay so this thought of hers was from last December, I never said I wasn't slow!! [Big Grin]

Right now the sexiest guy for me is Jacob Young. He plays J.R. Chandler on All My Children and he is just so darn sexy it is unbelievable. He has been awesome on the show the last few days too I hope he gets an emmy for his performance. He is just so raw which is so so sexy!! Oh I had better go I am starting to get a little flushed............

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dean Winters, otherwise known as Ryan O'Reily from the show Oz. Matthew Lillard, from Scream and Without a Paddle, and Josh Hartnett from Halloween H20. Ahhhh.... [Wink]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Selleck!!!!!
Harrison Ford!!!
Sam Jones!!!
Nocholas Cage!!
John Travolta (Back then)
Rob Lowe!!!!

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh Hartnett was hot in Pearl Harbor!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:

Right now the sexiest guy for me is Jacob Young. He plays J.R. Chandler on All My Children and he is just so darn sexy it is unbelievable. He has been awesome on the show the last few days too I hope he gets an emmy for his performance. He is just so raw which is so so sexy!! Oh I had better go I am starting to get a little flushed............

*now thoroughly annoyed that All My Children is not on German TV yet*

Jessie, I'd never heard of this guy so I went and checked him out on the internet - Oh so hot hot hot!!!
[Eek!]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by isis9968:
I think some of those girls are pretty too...except for Kristen Dunst-ICK.... [Roll Eyes] she's not even close to cute, but this is my opinion. Put her up to Cheryl Ladd-when Cheryl was the same age, and there's no comparison looks wise.

Oh please, pleeeeze put Kirsten Dunst up against Cheryl Ladd......

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting stuff. anyway, I fancy Monica Bellucci, Angelina Jolie and Andrea Corr something stupid! [Wink]
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uma Thurman is pretty hot also. Anyone seen the trailer for THE PRODUCERS? YOWTCH!!
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home