iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Grease 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Grease 2
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there is no comparison to the original, however this one does learn to stand on its own over the years. This 1982 musical starred Michelle Pfieffer, Adrian Zmed, Christopher McDonald, and Maxwell Caulfield. Michael is Sandy's cousin and is being shown around Rydell by Frenchie--reprised by DeeDee Conn.

Things haven't changed much around Rydell, there are still the T-Birds and The Pink Ladies. This movie actually comes into its own and before you know it you can't help singing along to "We're gonna score tonight, we're gonna scooorreee toooniighttt!!!" Maxwell and Michelle really were a "pretty" couple in this one. I loved the color of Michelle's hair and her brazen attitude. She isnt' to bad a singer either.

Still none can beat the original, this to me doesn't even seen like a sequal because it just didn't have the same magic. None the less still a well worthy film to catch whenever it is on TV.

What are your thoughts on Grease 2? ;)

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Grease and Grease 2. I don't know which one I like better, because they are so different from each other. When I used to watch this movie when I was younger, I never could figure out why Stephanie dumped Johnny. It's like something happened before the beginning of the movie that we don't know about. But she definitley doesnt' want anything to do with him, no matter how hard he tries to get her back. I like the part where Johnny is smoking in the hall and the principal walks up and he has to hide the whole cigarette in his mouth. Then Goose slaps him on the back and he swallows it. I remember during this scene you hear someone whispering Mr. Nogerelli na na na na na. Who is supposed to be saying that? What is that about? [Confused] Anyway, I love this movie. They all do a great job. [Big Grin]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember I liked the Girl For All Seasons sequence best, and that the little sister (I completely forget who she was related to) was a bit annoying.

Of course it didn't have the charm of the first. I don't really think it's creative to take a story, switch the genders, and call it a sequel. Don't get me wrong, Grease 2 was actually pretty good considering some of the sequels I've seen, and it's fun to catch every once and awhile, but as far as originality goes, they only get points for the songs.

"Co-o-o-ol rider!"

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Lupa my favorite part of the movie!

"if he's cool enough he can burn me through and through........I need a riderrrrrrrr....thats cool" [Big Grin]

It definatly does not even hold close to the original.......but it's pure cheese and I love it!

I love the little sis....Pamela Segall. She's "milly/willy" in Something Special a cute movie I found out about from people here. Gender swamping fun movie! haha

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh... Michelle! I liked this one too.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love grease 2 better. the songs and the cast were much cooler. but i still love the first one too.
paulette's singing cracks me up, isn't she liza minnelli's daughter in real life??

jules, i guess GOOSE is supposed to be the one mocking ms. mcgee?

the scene where louis is trying to make it with sharon in the bomb shelter is hilarious. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lorna Luft--that is it. She is Liza's sister. She is Judy Garland's daughter. I couldn't think of who's daughter she was or her name until I saw your post Ronnie! She really hasn't been in much of anything else in her career. I think she was a writer or took part in that Judy Garland story that was on a couple of years ago that starred Judy Davis.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never, ever thought I'd say this about a Michelle Pfeiffer flick, but.... sorry, I thought it stank.

Maxwell Cauldfield looked like he needed a good slap all through the movie, and none of the songs, IMHO, matched up to the original.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but for me it was another example of why often, only the original and best will do.......

{ducks flaming arrows and sharp retorts}

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a picture of Lorna aka Paulette from 2002 off of imdb.

-

-

Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulshrimpton:

Maxwell Cauldfield looked like he needed a good slap all through the movie

he still looked yummy though! [Big Grin]

thanks for correcting me jess, hehe
and cool pics jules, she looks way better with darker hair.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lorna Luft was also in Where The Boys Are '84 looking pretty good.

Grease 2 is a guilty pleasure of mine. I was working at a theater when it came out so I saw it daily for about 2 months. I even bought the soundtrack and still have it!!!

Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home