iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » horror movie of the night Trick or Treat!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: horror movie of the night Trick or Treat!!!
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kids today just don't understand. They think they know everything with their new fangled artists like OutKast and DMX. They buy a Master P record and tell their friends "unnhnnhnn nana nana" and think its okay. But they're wrong. Dead wrong. Kids don't realize that a 'classic' hit doesn't come from early '95... and the Notorious P.I.G. didn't start ****. You kids out there need to...

As I want to say... the inconsiderate MTV youth of today are such a far cry from the MTV youth of yesterday. They have their 'Lunch with Jesse' and the N'SYNC countdown. What happened to Adam Curry and Martha Quinn? What happened to HeadBangers' Ball and the MTV Half-Hour Comedy Hour with Mario Joiner? What happened to big hair and metal baby! METAL!!! You kids need to get back to the roots and check out some real music that'll rock hair off your *** and make you cry like a man... and Trick or Treat is just the movie to do it.

Sammi Curr, a huge metal icon, is coming to town to play a Halloween bash at his former high school for all the real Americans that want to rock! Well, Eddie Winebauer is one such American and Sammi's biggest fan... with hits like "Flaming Metal" and "Torture's Too Kind" who wouldn't be? Anyway Sammi Curr dies in a horrible microwave burrito accident and Eddie is crushed. However, before his death he released a final acid burn vinyl demo (for those kids out there unaware... vinyl is the material records are made of) which Sammi's friend at the radio station Gene Simmons(!!!), Nuke to you, scum, has procured and will play at midnight... time for a homicide. Turns out this record is possessed by the spirit of Sammi Curr and if you play it backwards (which Eddie does) there's a hidden message which tells him to kill all the preppy ****ers that make fun of him and throw him into the pool. Eventually this force of evil becomes so powerful it leaps out of the record and starts ****ing people up at the Halloween ball.

****ing A this movie is good. Not only is the star of the movie Skippy from Family Tiesbut it also has more metal than a Jigsaw Booty. When Skippy sets up traps for his big chase scene through the cafeteria... you'll watch it six times when that fool does the slip-n-slide out the door and down the steps. i've seen a lot of eighties movies, and none come close to this one. Find it, rent it, and ****ing like it. Get some culture.

CAPTAIN RHODES [Big Grin]

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, I didt even read your whole review.....
Today while decorating the Christmas tree...VH1 had METAL MANIA on. A Lita Ford vid went on and I grabbed my daughter,6, handful of tinsel and said "Look! LOOK!! Bra top! Spandex pants! High hells! Blonde!Sexy! What seperates this woman from the Jessica & Ashlee Simpsons? Britney Spears? etc? SHE COULD PLAY A GUITAR!!!!!!!!"
"omewhere in the 90s...........
the good looks became all that matters......"

A few minutes later they played a VIXEN vid and I had to repeat sentiment.

Oh....they also played MIRACLE MAN by OZZY (my fave) and my husband was saying "Aent you gonna help us decorate the tree?" while Zakk was doin his solo m(He's no Randy but.,......)

NOW I will review your review....
I hope you were kind.
TRICK OR TREAT was great and COULDNT be made today. There are no more rock Gods......

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this back when it first came out and I loved it. Very cool movie.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and that kids room was figgin awesome!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Yknow....I read your review...and my response...and I gotta repeat what I said "COULDNT BE MADE TODAY:
What the hell do kids look at for inspiration today?
Last band I liked was LINKIN PARK...but I dont pray at thier alter.
VH1 played a JUDAS PRIEST video today and I said "It always blows my mind that that voice comes outta that little guy"(Same can be said for DIO)
In what Video Msic has become today Rob Halford and Ronnie James Dio would be turned away for not BEING CUTE ENOUGH!!! (Dont even get me started on Lemmy!!!)
We're lucky that we got to experince the Rock Gods. I'll be very surprised if they ever get a revival.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:

There are no more rock Gods......

HERE HERE!!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from a techno dance club my girlfriend loves this **** on the way to the club she had a Limp **** i mean Bizkit cd on in the car i proceded to throw the cd out the window with success.I then made her listen to Blizzard of Oz and some of L.A. WOMAN by the doors i love that ****in album

CAPTAIN RHODES [Big Grin]

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home