iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Outfield

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Outfield
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my tape of Vh-1 Classic videos, the song.. "All the Love in the World" was on it by The Outfield, does anyone else know it?? I really liked it alot. I don't remember it being a really big hit, I don't think I even heard it play that much, but I know I heard it before, but I liked the guys in The Outfield, they had a nice look to them.

Can anyone picture any guy they know blow drying and curling their hair, and feathering it, and moussing it, and even getting perms, like alot of guys did in the 80's?? I think guys spent more time styling themselves in the 80's than girls did.

I remember my first boyfriend was always getting a perm, and for why I don't know...because he was not the kind of guy that worried about his hair, he worked on a farm, he wore flannel shirts and t-shirts and jeans- so it wasn't like he was a fashion victim, but I remember his little sister, showing me a picture she took of him, with his hair rolled in curlers, and he about died-it was so funny.

The guys in the Outfield definately put some time in on their hairdos.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also had two other good songs I can remember: ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD and EVERY TIME YOU CRY.
I had on a mixed cd I burned the other day and EVERY TIME YOU CRY went on and I just about cryed.
Thier GREATEST HITS collection is a good one.

By the way...my RICK SPRINGFIELD grestest hits came! I saw the HUMAN TOUCH vid today on VH1 classics!!!!!Coincidence????

ALSO...saw the I JUST DIED IN YOURE ARMS TONIGHT vid from CUTTING CREW. Did THEY ever sing anything else? Great song!!!!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want ot loose your love
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my faves are YOUR LOVE, ALONE WITH YOU & ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD.
i know ppl who cannot stand the lead singer's voice, but i think it's one of those voices you could hear and know it's an outfield song.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
josie's on a vacation far away
come around and talk it over
so many things that i wanna say
you know i like my girls a little bit older

as you leave me please would you close the door
and don't forget what i told you
just cause you're right it doesn't mean i'm wrong
another shoulder to cry upon

i just wanna use your love tonight...

great lyrics!! i couldn't resist! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It's funny that those are the only words that I really know too. I mean, I know the song, but many of the words are hit or miss.

Good Song.

To answer the person, I have the Cutting Crew CD (Yeah Ronnie, I know) they also sang the song "Life in a Dangerous time" which is more famous from White Water Summer, when Sean Astin is suck on the island, and Kevin Bacon won't get him to teach him a lesson.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia- Way to go on the Rick Springfield CD, the one you got, I was even listening to it again this morning. I have a CD player in the bathroom, and have to even play music while I am in the shower, so it has to be Rick!! So, anyway...I think my favorite song on there is Don't Walk Away, then Souls, then I get Excited, and the rest are great too, there is only 1 song I skip on and that is Taxi Dancing...I don't like the girl singing with him, and the song kind of gags me, cause it is too sappy.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a cd player in the bathroom too! Maybe I'll put Rick in there!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Having Rick take a shower with ya, is a good thing, I highly recommend it- [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin]
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou, thankyou, THANKYOU! I LOOOOOVVVE The Outfield!

Up until now I didn't know anyone else that had heard of 'em. let alone liked them!! I've liked them for years, and have been playing their first two albums in the car practically non stop for the past couple of weeks. I also finally tracked down an original 7" vinyl copy of "Your Love" on ebay a few months back, and almost p*ssed my pants with excitement!

And Cindy, you're SO right - those lyrics are classics! Just try playing that song without singing along - it's virtually impossible.

Long live mullets and dodgy perms! Vive le Outfield!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis--The date is OVER! I loved Taxi Dancing. I cant remember who the girl was singin with Rick in it, can anyone help? The song was the B-side to Bop Til You Drop on 45 if I am thinking correctly. Maybe the song just grew on me from flipping the record over so many times to hear a new Rick S. song. I am going to listen to it again tonight, and if I still like it, I will turn in my 'guy-card' at the door.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
No Date...Richie, and over a Rick Springfield song too!! I have had such a crush on Rick Spingfield since I was in the 7th grade. I listen to that CD all the time, I can stand Taxi Dancing, it just doesn't do it for me like the other ones that I love do for me. The other songs I really love alot are State of the Heart and What Kind of Fool am I, and Love is alright tonight....I mean they are all GOOD! It is just that out of 16 songs on that CD-Taxi Dancing comes in last. I have the CD here beside me, and I looked and it says preformed by Rick Springfield and Randy Crawford...Randy must be a girl, what do you know about that...the only Randy I know is definately a guy. It is from the movie Hard to Hold.

[ 07. December 2004, 16:48: Message edited by: isis9968 ]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trivia: Do you know who wrote Rick Springfield's song "I've Done Everything For You"
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have an old version of the greatest hits. The cover is a pic of Rick and then multicolored frames of the same pic all around the main one. is this the same CD that you have? Mine is on cassette and to be honest, I havent drug it out for a while, but I sure dont remember 'Taxi Dancing' on there. State of the heart IS a great song though, I will agree with you there for sure!
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Nope...I do have that one too...but the one I am talking about has a purple background, and it has just a picture of Rick's head, and he has a tan/brown jacket on..it is called The Best of Rick Springfield, and it has Souls, Don't Walk Away and I get Excited on it, and those ones aren't on the other one, but most of the others are. But those 3, are my favorite songs of his, that's why I love this CD so much.

It says on I've done everything for you-Sammy Hagar had something to do with it.

Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
AHA--I will pick that one up just so I can hear 'TD'. Hey I gotta quick question for you, considering you are the cespool of 80's knowledge. I heard a song today at work and I know that it is KD Lang's 'Anywhere But Here'. It sounds like it could have come from the 80's, but I hear it all the time. I wonder if you know when it came out.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smmy Hagar is correct
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
You mean the movie Anywhere But Here with Natalie Portman and Susan Sarandon, that came out in 1999, I think that KD Lang sang the title song to that movie, right??
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
That has to be it. I just had no idea that it was that recent. WOW! i was WAYYYY off there!! Good song nonetheless. Sounds to 70'/80's to me

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home