iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Endless Love ending??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Endless Love ending??
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, maybe there's something wrong with me but I watched this yesterday and I don't think I got the ending. All I know is Brooke Shields has a convo with her mother and the mother says she can't give her any answers, that she needs to find out on her own. Then you see the nutty boyfriend looking out what appears to be bars (like a prison) but then it looks like a regular window and then you see Brooke crossing the street coming toward him!?! Is he imagining this? Is he in a house or jail? What the heck??? Help!

P.S. The woman who played Brooke's mother in the movie is the same person who played Helen Hunt's mother in As Good As It Gets. Just a random tidbit! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the ending was confusing to me also. Didn't someone die in it, like her father or something? I remember they got divorced. I think he never gave up on her, but she was just to young to feel the same way that he never stopped feeling. That really is a film about love and obsession. I am not sure if that is good or not. He wasn't obsessed where he would have ever hurt her. Thanks for bringing this one up cindy!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the movie is all very tragic. Not only is the dude obsessed with her but he burns her house down too!

Also, the father does end up dying because he sees the crazy boyfriend on the street in NY and tries to go after him and in turn gets hit by a bus or something. Not a feel good flick by any measure...

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hated it.

i remember posting about this movie a long time ago. i wish i had never watched it. this movie was just messed up. tragic indeed, but left me feeling strange, i didn't like the ending at all.
everything from the obsession, to the wacked out family of hers.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home