iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » hey nick/paul.. forum question please respond

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hey nick/paul.. forum question please respond
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BITCH

see that? pardon me, but how come we can see that word but it blocks it if we type:

andy ****
or kick my ***!

just curious to know... i figured someone left that word out or forgot about it. not to complain, but i can understand the B-word or SH-word being blocked and all, but A-S-S isn't too bad IMO. now i noticed that if i type the word EMBARRASSED it doesn't block the a-s-s, but if i type andy**** as one word, it blocks it out, or even if i type andy****er, it still does it.

ya i was bored and found that interesting [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
excuse me, for anyone who didn't care to read that. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always was wondering about the "EDITING", sometimes I'll edit something, and it will say at the bottom that it has been edited and sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes I can change a whole word, and sometimes just 1 letter and it doesn't seem to make sense as to when it gives the message that it has been edited, did anyone else notice that??
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never get the message if I edit quickly, within a minute or two after the original post.

Of course, I'm usually on the board at night in Oklahoma, when Nick & Paul are prob'ly still yawning and watching the BBC morning news on the telly.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I Forgot to Add A Wink- [Wink] And Two Whistles To My Previous Post.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha!! [Big Grin] C.T. you're too funny!!
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could explain to you how it works in detail, going into all the technical gubbins and stuff, but then some bright spark will no doubt try to find a way round it!

Truth is that we have a list of words that are banned - some when they are posted as only entire words, some even when only as part of a word. The list is maintained by Nick and myself, and when Nick originally set the list up he obviously didn't know too many bad words!!!

For information, so that you know not to use them, the entire 'banned' list is as follows:

and the worst of all, ******

- Paul, your friendly Board A****

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**** I can't even say **** around here. *** **** ******* Son of a *****.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

whoa check out that 'banned' list....haha!
shame on whomever tries to use THOSE words *cough (rhodes) cough* [Wink] [Big Grin]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He should have asked for Andrew Dice Clay's and George Carlin's lists.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie you said Scooby's Mom , don't worry I won't tell. [Wink]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some bright spark will no doubt try to find a way round it!
quote:

That is my mission [Big Grin] [Karate Kid] [Karate Kid]

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie i am turned on more dirty talk please [Big Grin] [Wink]

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulshrimpton:
when Nick originally set the list up he obviously didn't know too many bad words!!!

The ShrimpMeister speaks the truth. The story is that there used to be loads of banned words maintained in a list as part of this BB software. When the board "crashed" one time when the server ran out of space, we lost that list for some reason and I had to hurredly make a new one... Hence the lack of words.. It was all my clean mind could think of at the time [Wink]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All suggested rude words on a PM to Nick, please....

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulshrimpton:
All suggested rude words on a PM to Nick, please....

[Big Grin]

Uh-oh!!! I can see the flood gates slowly starting to open from waaay over here...

Noms.

[ 30. November 2004, 03:55: Message edited by: Nomisdrol ]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

ah-ha! our babyfaced mod poked his head out for 3 seconds to post here, i am so touched [Big Grin]

hey rhodes, captain ....i think i've been hanging around you too much. the filthy remarks just came fluttering through my mind, beyond my control, but it's not my fault, really [Wink]

[ 30. November 2004, 09:20: Message edited by: Ronnie ]

The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I bought a wris****ch from S****horpe"

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny thing is Wizard, I used to live in S****horpe and every time I used to try and tell people by email etc it always ALWAYS blanked it out. I like the wris****ch gag though...
Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Was it a s****y wris****ch???

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home