iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » NIGHT OF THE COMET DVD????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NIGHT OF THE COMET DVD????
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if this is coming out on dvd any time soon?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*still waiting* [Frown]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow another classic that I've been waiting for on DVD. I'm so glad "Valley Girl" finally made it off this list, but now "Night Of The Comet", "Private School" , & "License To Drive" are in limbo right now.

You can sign their petitions, not sure if they help, but you never know:

"Night Of The Comet" Petition

"License To Drive" Petition

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think i have signed those already.

don't forget about MONSTER SQUAD. i remember we all got our hopes for that one too, and then...NADA. [Mad]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought License To Drive was scheduled for release next year?

There's still a pile of classics needing the DVD treatment; Rad, Electic Dreams, The Wizard, Howard the Duck (although too many people say this stinks, not me), The Wizard of Speed and Time, Frog Dreaming, etc.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOTC has been held up for years because no one knows who owns the rights. There's a great interview with the director here at the site, even he doesn't know. Atlantic Releasing Corp., which no longer exists, made it in '84, so no one knows where the rights went. Fox did the home video release and Paramount did the tv one, but since then, it's fallen into a black hole somewhere.

License to Drive finally made it, released next year I think.

Howard the Duck is allegdly held up by Lucas, who wants it to fade into oblivion. Universal (so far) has heeded his commands.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

oooh, good news about license to drive. i didn't know it was coming to dvd, that's great.
TKO told me all about electric dreams, so i really wanna see that one (never have before).
i have been putting off buying it online on vhs, hoping that it gets a dvd release.
*crossing fingers*

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I remember seeing something last year that it said it was going to be released at the end of October.

Hey I don't want Howard the Duck to vanish. I would snatch that one up in a heartbeat. I think that they should release some of the films they think may be questionable in sales in a limited release thing to see how they do. I bet that they would be surprised at how well some of these would do.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home