iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I Melt with YOU

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Melt with YOU
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw them using "my song" in a Ritz Cracker commercial!!

Has anyone else seen that???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...and a few years back it was in a Burger King commercial! What whores MODERN ENGLISH are! (Just kidding)
This has been a very upsetting year for me: the other day I saw them using Dream On by AEROSMITH to sell a car and WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE by G N R to sell a video game. Is nothing sacred???

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i too, saw the commercial using welcome to the jungle, it was for grand theft auto: san andreas right?
i know that swiffer (sp) commercial rips devo's whip it. and everytime i see a commercial for baby toys or something it has a soft version of WALKING ON THE SUNSHINE. [Roll Eyes]

i never heard I MELT WITH YOU in a commercial though. good thing i guess.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Of These Big Company Has Turn To 80s music To Help Sell There Product. Becaue When You Hear The 80s Music In A Commerical. You Will Stop And Listen. It Really Catches Your Attention I Think. I Too Have Seen Both Of Those Commerical That Uses Modern English's "I Melt With You". Have Any of You Seen The Commerical That Uses Pete Townshead's "Let My Love Open The Door"(To Your Heart). I Think It's A JC Penny Or Target Commerical.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Circuit City is now using The Cars song "Just What I Needed" in their new ads. It kind of bothers me... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Circuit City also use ...38 Special's- Just what I needed....

(I think it is 38 Special), at least they know good music, and that it sure works for their advertising.

See how cool we all are, when we listening to this stuff way before anyone else.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lots of car advertisements use 80s songs or led zeppelin songs in their commercials, don't know why.

i still haven't seen the i melt with you one.
is it the actual song, or is it a jingle?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a real Song...Modern English Hit "I Melt With You"...used in the 1983 Sleeper Hit...VALLEY GIRL. If You Have seen VALLEY GIRL then you must know of this song. VALLEY GIRL helped to make this a very popular song. Whenever you hear this song you immediately think of VALLEY GIRL.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

of course CT.... i happen to be a valley girl expert. well, i come in close 2nd to valleycat. I MELT WITH YOU is one of my fave 80s songs, it's awesome.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think C.T. needed to stand on a footstool to catch that one, it flew about 50 feet over his head.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

lol @ sam.

i meant is the song that is used the in commercial the actual modern english song, or is it a crappy cover done specifically for the commercial.

Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] HA! HA! YOU GOT ME THERE SAMHAIN 666 You were right it did go over my head and i can use the footstool to stand on when i MOON EVERYBODY......E- I - E - I -OOH [Razz]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
HA HA C.T.!!! Way to go!

It sounded alot like the real deal. I only saw it once though.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

I AM CONFUZZLED.
why would they use I MELT WITH YOU in a ritz cracker commercial?? [Confused]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Because they melted cheese on a Ritz cracker- [Eek!]
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by C.T.:
Have Any of You Seen The Commerical That Uses Pete Townshead's "Let My Love Open The Door"(To Your Heart). I Think It's A JC Penny Or Target Commerical.

C. T. it is so cool that you mention this commerical, my best guy friend, Brian, is in that JC Penny commerical. He is the guy wearing a blue checkered shirt looking at the DVD player. [Cool]

I too saw the "Melt With You" Ritz commercial and thought stop ruining my song. McFly I remember the "Burger King" one last year too. It's sad to think kids today with hear that song and think I want a Ritz or a Whopper...when it's really all about Health Foods ya know. Why couldn't my parent's own a Pizza Hut or something. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

all's you have to do is spray some cheese on top of the cracker and ta-da!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Squeezey Cheesey.....That's my new nick name for Valley!! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and let us not forget Steven Tyler in a cel phone commercial. I guess he needs the money. (Sarcasm)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home