iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » "You make man?"...."no, woman"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "You make man?"...."no, woman"
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original film of Weird Science is, as we can virtually all agree on, excellent, but what about the tv series made 9 years later in 1994?

I've been re-watching the series during the past week and thoroughly enjoying them all over again, I think this is one spin-off series that's as faithful and as good as the original film, what do others think?

A shame this series isn't available on DVD, have to settle with downloads.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember the series, Wizard. Who played Gary & Whyatt? And was there a Lisa character in it? I remember the Ferris Bueller series, but not Wierd Science.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that series! It was among a lot of live action shows on FOXFamily at the time. I took it for granted, then, but I wish we had some of these shows back now that it's become ABCFamily and they took Big Wolf on Campus off the air.

I watched it before I knew it was based off of a movie (Wasn't an 80's weirdo yet), and I thought it was OK. I haven't seen much of the film, although I think the only difference between the two was they toned down the sexuality of it as it was a kids' show. [Wink] Didn't they make the main characters younger, too, or did the actors just look a bit younger?

I also remember a show called The Zack Files, which was another "OK" one (I've got a lot--I was too much of a BWoC fan to watch much else). The only things I remember are: a kid getting stuck in a computer game, Zack looking for his lost sock and going into another dimension in his dryer where all the lost socks go, a talking dog for an episode, and his friends filming him to document the weirdness that surrounds him. It was a weird show.

OH! I just remembered "I Was A Sixth grade Alien"! I loved that show! He was this purple sixth grader, so it wasn't like it was a secret that he was an alien or anything, but it was fun seeing all the trouble he got into with his human friend.

Aw, man, they used to have some great programming there. I didn't get much of a chance to watch it, but it was awesome. Thanks for the reminder!

Bionic- A Ferris Bueller show? How long did that last?

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BB, the series wouldn't be a series without Lisa [Smile]

-  -  -  -

In the first episode when they make Lisa there's a small tribute to the original film when Gary says "I saw it once in a John Hughes movie". It's as faithful to the original film as possible which makes it just as enjoyable, you do get over the fact that there's different actors playing the roles but that couldn't really be helped with the 9 year gap between the film & series.

Yeah what was the Ferris Bueller series like?

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lupa...I looked up Ferris Bueller and it said it lasted 13 episodes from 1990-1991. I'm not sure that all the episodes aired.

Wizard... Cool pictures. I must have missed that series some how. I would love to see some episodes though. Maybe it will pop up on tv somewhere sometime.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha about the Ferris Bueller series--I mean, I don't know if you liked it, but I don't think the movie has much potential for a TV series.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home